Talk

Advanced search

Please help I really cant cope anymore

(10 Posts)
EvaLongoria Thu 25-Aug-11 21:17:25

Hi

I really cant cope anymore. Called a number which I iniitially assumed was social services to come and help. It was actually family line but they thought that they werent going to send info to SS because there is a possibility that SS could take my girls. I really dont know what to do. I have been in tears whole day

greatescape Thu 25-Aug-11 21:50:28

You need to go and see your gp as it sounds like you are depressed.

Jezabelle Thu 25-Aug-11 21:51:18

Oh Eva sad. So sorry for you, how long have you felt like this? How old are your girls? Not sure I can give any great advice but do you think you may be depressed? See your GP. Do you have family or friends locally who could help out/ have your DDs for a day or 2?

Homestart are a brilliant, free service which offer support. I used them when I was going through a really tough patch and it was a real life line. This time will pass. Just be kind to yourself and take all the support you possibly can.

Good luck.

nokissymum Thu 25-Aug-11 21:54:52

Hi eva do you have a neighbour you can just go and sit with now, with your girls and have a cup of tea for a short while ? I think you could really do with some " adult" contact even if its just to cry.

Thinking of you.

EvaLongoria Thu 25-Aug-11 22:49:42

Hi ladies thanks for the replies.

I will arrange an appointment with GP just to make sure I am ok. Dont think I am depressed cos I was almost there 2 years ago. This is more me struggling to cope and dealing with a 3 year old and a 5 month old with no money whatsoever as my H took all his money and my application with Job centre not done yet.

I have no one here but my lovely MN ladies have just offered me some help so I am going to take one of them up on the offer and get away for a couple of days.

WKMum Thu 25-Aug-11 22:58:00

Oh Eva, you poor thing: I really feel for you. It is so very hard doing everything on your own.

Jeza is right, though; this is just a bad patch that will pass and you will emerge from it stronger than ever. Believe it: you can do this! I bet you are doing an amazing job.

Big hugs
xxx

nokissymum Thu 25-Aug-11 23:09:42

That is wonderful news eva, please make you have a lovely time

"and this too shall pass".

Gonzo33 Fri 26-Aug-11 09:37:00

Eva,

I want to give you a big fat hug, but obviously that is impossible. So I hope the opportunity you have been given lets you get some sleep, and some perspective on your situation and gives you that bit more strength to carry on.

G xx

SaggyHairyArse Fri 26-Aug-11 09:49:13

It is bloody hard in the early days when everything is up in the air. Have you been to see a Lone Parent Advisor at the JC? They might be able to arrange a temporary loan while your claim is processed?

Also, do make sure you get in touch with your local Childrens Centre or Sure Start Project and see what support you can access. They sometimes have volunteers that visit you in your own to offer support or have play and stays and sometimes the children are fed, every little bit will help, and you will probably make friends who are in the same position as you and you can offer support to each other along the line.

Good luck, hang on in there, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger!

xx

EvaLongoria Tue 06-Sep-11 08:59:14

Again thanks for the support. One of the MN postnatal ladies picked me and 2 DD's up and wanted us to stay there from the Friday to Friday, She herself has 3 boys and it was lovely to get away for few days. Amazing thing is it is the first time I met her. There was a meetup in July but I couldnt travel 4 hrs on train with baby and 3 year old and no money. Had a great time and them my best friend from France came to suprise me and I had to cut my stay short. So last week was great. I managed to pull myself together and just think about things.

DD1 is back at nursery tomorrow and I have an appointment with solicitors.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now