Talk

Advanced search

oh behalf of a friend

(7 Posts)
katewestmum Thu 25-Aug-11 06:03:14

I am posting this on behalf of a friend who would like to know if there are any single mums living in the wiltshire area.

MrGin Thu 25-Aug-11 09:51:01

I would lay money down that there are yes.

I think you might need to expand a little.

cestlavielife Thu 25-Aug-11 16:17:55

would be weird if there wasnt!
surely teh daily mial would ahve discovered this by now?
"wiltshire - where no single mum is to be found"

Bandwithering Thu 25-Aug-11 21:23:25

ha ha!

There aren't many where I live though...... hmm confused grin

cestlavielife Fri 26-Aug-11 11:34:04

my sister doenst know/mix with any single parents except me. so by her book, there are no single parents in her area of london. or anywhere. apart from me
oh an my friend who is also a profressional working single mother
and my other friend who is a working single mum
oh and the other one too....

and the feckless ones in the daily mail etc .....

but of course there are some!

Bandwithering Fri 26-Aug-11 11:54:11

I think it's because we hang back a bit as a group. Actually, that's part of the problem. We are not a group. There is no real platform (if that's the right word) for single parents to meet up in an environment where they're not the odd ones out. Of course we may meet up at the school gates, but at the school gates and at the toddler group, we tend not to announce that we are single mothers. We are relieved if we fit in well enough that our single parent status is not blatently obvious.

APOLOGIES for saying 'we' here. Really I mean me, I. But although I obviously don't speak for all single mothers I don't think my way of thinking here is massively out of synch with other single mothers I've chatted to on mumsnet.

snowbootslikemyboots Sat 27-Aug-11 10:48:36

I think there should be groups just for single parents, company and support from someone in the same situation, it bugs me when my married friend says 'I know how you feel, dh worked a extra day last week so i was practically a lp' shut up you dont understand it at all!

oohh it appears i've just vented, sorry!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now