Talk

Advanced search

ex says he's turning his back on DS

(3 Posts)
patterns Sun 21-Aug-11 18:58:35

have been here before, he hasn't done it yet

had a disagreement on the phone after a long and stressful day. i apologized next day and agreed to what he had suggested. but now he's saying he's had enough and that he doesn't want to know. my problem is that i have other children who have regular weekends, holidays etc with their father (no stress there) so my DS is going to question where his dad is, can't think of the hurt it would cause.

this started last week so not heat of the moment angry words
has been having regular overnight stays etc and i've always been all for their relationship, never ever said you can't see him or any of that game playing

anyone been there?

blackeyedsusan Sun 21-Aug-11 20:10:26

is your ex trying to get at you by not seeing ds? if so reply with something non commital about ds will be disappointed that you re letting him down, but i will love the extra time with him.

notsorted Sun 21-Aug-11 20:49:46

He is continuing the argument through your DS. Ignore. When the next overnight stay is due txt him day before and ask him if it is going to happen. Give him time limit to respond and then that's it until he comes back and suggests another date. Then he will understand that he is cutting off his nose to spite his face. Don't let DS see anything is wrong - plan some special fun for you two instead.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now