Talk

Advanced search

ex won't treat for threadworms

(6 Posts)
NicknameTaken Thu 18-Aug-11 11:42:30

Stupid fecker. Dd(3) was complaining about an itchy bum six weeks ago, so I gave her the tablet and took one myself, washed the sheets/towels etc. She stays a lot with her father, so I asked him to do the same. I even offered him the leftover dose in the packet. Oh no, he wouldn't accept that this could possibly be the case. Any uncleanness was clearly my fault etc etc. And cue one worm life-cycle, here we go again.

Still, he's going to face (if that's the word) some built-in consequences, eh? Mwahahaha.

GypsyMoth Thu 18-Aug-11 12:50:23

Why didn't you give her the next dose?

NicknameTaken Thu 18-Aug-11 13:01:27

There are two types you can get, single-dose or follow-up dose. This was the single dose version. I've now re-dosed her again anyway, of course.

theredhen Mon 22-Aug-11 13:13:06

If DD is with OP ex a lot of the time, the likelihood is that he has threadworms too and will just pass them back to DD. They are incredibly common and statistics show that around 30% of children are infected at any one time, if I remember correctly.

I think OP was offering the tablet for her ex to take himself and not the second dose for DD. It is standard practice to treat the whole family whether they have symptoms or not as the worms are so highly contagious.

Nothing to do with cleanliness at all, just like headlice.

colditz Mon 22-Aug-11 13:14:17

Oh GRIM>

I wouldn't be letting her stay at her dad's until he has done the responsible thing and treated himself for threadworm.

aliceliddell Mon 22-Aug-11 13:18:47

Agree with colditz. What an arse! (pun intended I'm afraid). Make him take it in front of you to make sure he does it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now