Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

aibu to hate it when people say ''I'm glad I don't have to do that dating stuff'' aggggrrrr!

(7 Posts)
toptramp Fri 29-Jul-11 09:15:53

I'm not even dating. I am happy being single but it makes me feel awful when people say that. I went to a dinner party last night and one lady said this. there were no men there so thankfully no smug couples but agggggr
Firstly she might have to go through the dating scene again one day anyway but also there is this assumption that I am not complete unless I have a man.

toptramp Fri 29-Jul-11 09:17:20

Also the woman in question is very happily married. well good for her but it dosn't mean it's the only way.

cestlavielife Fri 29-Jul-11 10:19:36

smile and ignore

MerylStrop Fri 29-Jul-11 10:22:58

She was probably just trying to show a bit of empathy. And in so doing putting her foot in it big time just like the people who comment on the size of pregnant women's stomachs and how parents of boys must have their hands full.

I'd take not one blind bit of notice whilst thinking "and I am glad I am not married to your hairy bloke, I believe he snores and drops his dirty ys on the bedroom floor".

Vibrant Fri 29-Jul-11 10:29:37

What surprised me was how quickly some people asked me whether I was looking for a new partner. Like you say, it was as if they couldn't understand someone who was perfectly happy being on their own. Says more about them really, don't you think?

ninah Fri 29-Jul-11 20:45:50

well I'm darn glad I don't have to do that dating stuff!
I'm single and happy to stay that way

tigerlillyd02 Fri 29-Jul-11 21:03:54

What ninah says!! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now