Talk

Advanced search

God my ex is such a DICK

(10 Posts)
QueenOfFeckingEverything Thu 28-Jul-11 16:35:48

I mean honestly.

After hearing nothing from him since March, he has just got his narky old witch of a mother to ring me to ask if he can speak to DD.

I am always polite to him. Always. There is no reason on this earth he cannot phone me himself, other than that (in the words of his mother) 'he just doesn't like dealing with that sort of thing'.

angry

Snorbs Thu 28-Jul-11 16:56:44

The fact that his mother actually called you rather than say to her son "Don't be such a pathetic bell-end! She's your daughter, call her yourself!" speaks volumes too.

QueenOfFeckingEverything Thu 28-Jul-11 17:03:21

Oh she always does it. If I say 'no, get him to ring me himself' then he refuses, and she rings incessantly and leaves fevered messages, and then she pays for him to see a solicitor and have a letter sent accusing me of being obstructive. And still poor DD doesn't get to speak to him.

She makes excuses for him like you wouldn't actually believe.

She told me once, with an indulgent smile, that there was no point expecting any maintenance from him as 'he's just a free spirit, isn't he' angry

Snorbs Thu 28-Jul-11 20:53:11

"Free spirit"? That's a peculiar way of saying "Selfish immature twat" isn't it?

readywithwellies Thu 28-Jul-11 21:55:04

Mummy's ickle darling!

gillybean2 Fri 29-Jul-11 02:42:34

It sounds like she wants to have a relationship with her gd. Does she get to see/speak to dd?

Maybe suggest as dd's grandmother she might like to have a relationship with dd despite her son. She can do that without her unwilling son being involved.

QueenOfFeckingEverything Fri 29-Jul-11 12:00:25

gillybean - she can speak to DD whenever she wants, and visits her a couple of times a year.

We used to get on quite well but over 6 loooong years of her excusing ex and his frankly appalling behaviour, and her insistence that he should not have to communicate with me but instead she should do all that for him because 'thats what all the men in the family are like', and telling me I should have been more understanding and tolerant of him, our relationship has gone to shit deteriorated...

humptydidit Sun 31-Jul-11 14:05:23

Wanker, trust me I got an ex like that and a matching mother in law who idolises him!

I suppose you have to look on the bright side, that you are rid of the tosser and her as well... I am thankful that I never ahve to visit my MIL and listen to her misery any more.

Sorry that's not really a silver lining is it grin

niceguy2 Sun 31-Jul-11 16:37:03

It's women like that which is the reason why he's such a pathetic (and I use the term loosely) "man"

She's utterly spoilt him and turned him into a little boy in a man's body.

WKMum Sun 31-Jul-11 22:56:53

Snorbs - just read your posts and they really made me laugh and cheered me up no end - thanks!

What is it with these ridiculous MILs who cannot see their sons for the selfish t***s they truly are? It's like they live on a different planet - the one on which monsters are made...

I find my own MIL's attitude particularly baffling, given that her own husband left her, but it's just like watching history repeat itself, I guess.

Urgh!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now