Talk

Advanced search

choosing to be alone

(4 Posts)
newmumforever Mon 11-Jul-11 00:14:17

Hi, i'm a mum to be, but my boyfriend and i have been having problems. I think he lies to me about his past, and we have heated arguments about what my son will be called.
im just beginning to think that maybe hes not going to be the dad my baby latte needs. He doesnt like my parents, he said my mum was a slut and that i would end up the same.
The sex is wild as it always has been, but hes started calling me mummy in bed and its unsettling. im thinking maybe i should choose to be alone and stop him from seeing my baby. He hasnt shaved since he left employment and im not mothering a child with a hippy. He needs to straighten up or get lost!

gillybean2 Mon 11-Jul-11 01:37:11

Do you think it's worth talking to him before you go ahead and make that decision? What makes you think he lied to you about his past? Have you challenged him on that? What was his reaction?

You'll find that he is your baby's father whether he be an unshaven hippy who bad mouths your mother, or not. That's a biological fact that can't be changed.

And you can't cut him out of your baby's life just because you don't want to be in a relationship any more. Your baby has a right to have a relationship with both his parents. A right that a court will uphold if he decides he wants to be involved in his baby's life. So you should bear that in mind if you think cutting him out of your baby's life is up to you, or even an option.

As you are unmarried you can register the birth and he can not do that unless you are also present. Therefore you have ultimate say in what your baby is named on his birth certificate should you find yourselves unable to agree. Is the issue with baby's first name, surname, or both?

VioletV Wed 13-Jul-11 21:23:42

I think you should post this in relationships.

PatriciaHolm Wed 13-Jul-11 21:25:31

"baby latte"?

?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now