Talk

Advanced search

Feeling pretty smug.....

(6 Posts)
TheFrogs Tue 05-Jul-11 02:24:40

Dd (age 7) trots downstairs tonight and announces that she is wearing a tie tomorrow. Tie is not actually required for her school uniform at her age but she has ds's tie which was also my tie from over 20 years ago at same school obviously.

The reason? She wants to look smart tomorrow because she is meeting her new teacher for September and wants to make a good impression. She happily skipped off to bed early.

So not all children of lone parents are asbos in the making then grin

Darnsarfupnorf Tue 05-Jul-11 02:28:23

awww bless her! hope my dds like that when shes that age ,wishful thinking emoticon>

TheFrogs Tue 05-Jul-11 02:33:07

dont get me wrong, she can be a git to me sometimes but seems to have her head screwed on smile

thesunshinesbrightly Tue 05-Jul-11 02:47:37

Eh i get funny looks when i get praised for having such good kids(im a single mum). The children round here have fathers and are on borderline of getting abos and are simply vile.

Single mothers are not always noted for being a bad parent.

TheFrogs Tue 05-Jul-11 03:02:37

I know, I just spend so much time beating myself up and being virtually kicked that when something good comes our way I want to revel in it. I've been approached by two mums recently who went out of their way to tell me my ds was so polite and well mannered and that he was welcome in their homes anytime.

Something worth posting methinks grin

LeoTheLateBloomer Tue 05-Jul-11 06:15:19

Well done Frogs smile

It must be a good feeling. It's just me and DD (14mo) here and I'm really looking forward to the time when we can talk and start building a really strong relationship. I know it would have been so different if ex were still here. In that sense I really think there are benefits to being a songle parent.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now