Talk

Advanced search

How much do new partners care about your post-baby body?

(4 Posts)
dumdedoodah Mon 04-Jul-11 16:16:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WelshCat Mon 04-Jul-11 19:37:05

i just had my first (brief) relationship since having DS, and i have the same issues as you. just the stomach really, but tbh in the moment of passion i forgot about it, and he didnt mention it. i did tell him after i was a little paranoid about it but he reassured me and said it doesnt make a smidgen of a difference. is easy to be paranoid, but everyone is about some things, and i would be offended if someone said something about my stomach as i have had a child and i cant help it!! hehe. dont worry IMO, a decent man wont care, and as long as he isnt expecting a strip tease with all the lights on he may not even notice.

WibblyBibble Mon 04-Jul-11 22:19:45

My stomach is crappy post-baby too! Though I'm not sporty or tall so it's probably even worse than yours...

I have had several partners since having children and mostly they've not even mentioned it- I have mentioned it most of the time and they say yes it's not my most attractive feature but they aren't really bothered. One ex was bothered but he had huge 'issues' with me having a child with someone other than him and was generally an emotionally abusive tosser (and is now going out with someone much younger who hasn't had children- yet still has a bigger belly than mine grin). Generally I tell myself that men should bloody well respect and admire me for having created new human beings from my body, and if they don't, and don't see the marks of that as honourable, then they can fuck themselves! Course, most men don't think like that, but that's why I don't want to have a relationship with most men!

WelshCat Mon 04-Jul-11 22:31:22

amen wibbly smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now