Talk

Advanced search

It's all going wrong, need cheering up.

(7 Posts)
prettypurpledaisy Wed 29-Jun-11 18:40:54

Hi all just wanted to vent on here as having the day from hell and don't know which way to turn.
DD has just finished year 11 and signed up to start 6th form at a new school, she is very shy and is now worrying that she will have no friends and feels unable to go to induction days at the school. Don't know how to play it as the new school offers the A levels she wants to do and old one doesn't. She now seems to want to return to old school and not try the new one.
DS has fallen ou with friends at school today, nothing major but this is the first time this has happened since he has been there, he doesnt know how to play it and my advice is not working.
I hate my job and had a really bad day with one class today.
Feel very tearful and don't seem to have anything good going on at the moment.
Help me please.

mellowbird Wed 29-Jun-11 19:52:51

oh...you sound really sad sad

Ok...you've had a hard day and you're probably worn out,add to this the concern about your son and his friend situation and your daughter's uncertainties about 6th form then it starts to feel overwhelming.

Have a rest,a meal and a drink then have a quiet think about each thing and what you want to do about it.

You can offer your guidance and support to both your children about their current problems,that's the best you can do i think...you can advise and guide,offer your full support and be there for them,you are doing a good job,you are worrying about this because you care...you are a strong woman.

((big un-mumsnetty hugs)) x

prettypurpledaisy Wed 29-Jun-11 20:30:49

Thank you mellowbird I feel totally overwhelmed with everything.

I will try to relax about it all maybe tomorrow will be better smile

mrscolour Wed 29-Jun-11 20:34:36

Obviously it's hard to give advice when not knowing your daughter but I was a painfully shy 16 year old. My family moved when I was that age so ended up going to a sixth form college. I got to do exactly the A-levels I wanted to do and got good grades BUT I hated it - I found it really hard to make friends at that age and always felt I didn't fit in. If I'd have had the choice, I would have prefered to stay at my secondary school and not had as much choice of A-levels and stayed with my old friends.

Don't know whether that's helpful or confused you more. Hope you start to feel a bit stronger soon!

prettypurpledaisy Wed 29-Jun-11 21:00:27

That has actually helped mrscolour, I think I was obsessing about her choices but the reality is I want her to be happy and not stressed. smile thank you.
Now just DS and my job to sort out smile

blackeyedsusan Thu 30-Jun-11 12:47:04

16 is a tough age. what does she want to use the a levels for? has she got a particular course in mind? will doing the a levels at her old school mean she can't do what she wants to do next? maybe being happy will help her study. it is hard to study when you are unhappy. however, she may be ok once she has been to the inductions. i definately hate going for the first day of something but am generally ok once i have got over that first bit. perhaps if you explain that this is normal then it ill help.

hope you had a better day today...

prettypurpledaisy Sun 03-Jul-11 20:52:32

Lots of tears later she is staying at her old school and seems much more relaxed now.
DS has sorted out his issues with his friends and so that is now ok.
Just me to sort out now, still so desparately unhappy and dont know what to do, can't change job, taken so long to get this far and cant do anything else.
At least DCs are happy again smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now