Talk

Advanced search

Just having a really pissed off day..

(14 Posts)
TheFrogs Mon 27-Jun-11 20:39:21

Sick of the abuse and crap from neighbours' kids, it never stops.

Sick of being stuck here and having to take it, horrible little gits.

That makes me feel a little better anyway.

As you were.

molemesseskilledIpom Mon 27-Jun-11 21:25:21

Whats happened Frogs?

TheFrogs Mon 27-Jun-11 21:47:51

Oh i'm just having a whinge! It's pretty crap at the moment, well, it has been for a long time tbh. I'm getting to the end of my tether with where we live. The weather has been so nice but every time I let dd out into the garden she's coming in crying. Gang of lads, between 10 and 15 of them make a beeline for our house when they see she's out with her little friend. They swear at the girls, threaten them, throw stones at them etc. I've told them to piss off and they just wont go. If I go to the shop we get sworn at and spat at, taken the piss out of etc. I'm not frightened of a bunch of little kids obvs but it's a miserable way to live when you cant go out of your own door.

Every single day it happens, has done for about a year. No peace in the back garden because next door neighbour's kids are part of that little gang. Shits.

molemesseskilledIpom Mon 27-Jun-11 21:52:38

Oh. sad

What about calling 101? I'm sure they may be able to help you, but then again it could make things worse.

Oh, love, I'm sorry, I dont know what to suggest. I'll have a think.

TheFrogs Mon 27-Jun-11 21:59:57

I dont think we have 101 in our area mole. They have been reported to police before by another neighbour but there isn't much they can do. I did call the council once and basically got laughed at "what? you're reporting children spitting in the street?" sort of thing....oh well....sad

molemesseskilledIpom Mon 27-Jun-11 22:09:14

Oh.

PinkCarBlueCar Mon 27-Jun-11 22:20:44

Not a good enough response by the council. Monitor, monitor, monitor - facts & details.

What times, how many, how long for, describe the children doing the abusing, do you know their names or addresses? Exactly what is being said (by both sides), exactly what is happening, how it affects you and your family - write it all down for a week if it's every day, two weeks is the standard amount of monitoring to take it further.

In our council there's a section called Community Safety who deal with anti social behaviour by those who aren't council tenants.

Those who are council tenants are dealt with by landlord services. If your council sold all their housing stock, then it will be the local housing association.

Copy in your local police station - address it to their anti social behaviour unit.

Keep monitoring. If the abuse is bad, and since what you describe is constant "low-level" abuse which is bad, then they should take it seriously.

Expect to have to monitor for a long time, sadly. But for things to be done, the council and / or police need solid evidence to effect that actions.

TheFrogs Mon 27-Jun-11 22:33:49

Thanks, I know who most of them are, they used to be nice kids, its a shame.

runningonmt Tue 28-Jun-11 19:18:36

Can you have a gentle word with their parents ? Unless of course they are as bad as their kids and are likely to swear and spit at you too !!!!!!

Or confront them (nicely) when you are in your garden and ask them if it makes them feel grown up by being "nastly to little girls" - ask them (nicely) if they are being bullied at school by a "little girl" and are venting their frustration out on your DS and her friends instead ?

Tell them the headteacher Mr or Mrs So-and-so at their school (if you can find out that info - shouldnt be too hard) is looking for some boys to do some volentary work in the community if they are so bored they need to keep hanging around your house/garden/daughter - would they like you to call him /her for them and sign them up ???? I am guessing you wont see them for dust.

Another option is try to work out who the ring leader is and knock on his front door and ask him if he wants to come round for tea to 'play' with your DS and her little friend as he seems to gravitate towards them ? Chances are he will balk at the idea but if he does decide to come you can befriend him and he will be less likely to want to be horrible to your daughter.

Try to listen to them to see if you can work out their names and use them next time you are out at the shops - if you suddenly become more familiar with them they tend to be less 'anonymous' and their anti social behaviour should decrease.

Invite your local comunity police officer around for a nice cuppa tea and a bun. Get on friendly terms with him/ her and ask them to make their presence known in the area - they will often disperse large groups of 'youths' just by walking near them.

Failing that ..... move ? Sorry I know that is not realistic but life is too short to be unhappy by the actions and behaviour of others.

TheFrogs Tue 28-Jun-11 23:05:19

All good ideas running but I am already familiar with most of them. Some of the kids are ok on their own, they used to be friends with my ds but he's a teen now so has outgrown them. The main reason he stopped going out however was that a new family moved in and their one son in particular is the most unpleasant child i've ever met, there is seriously no reasoning with him. He purposely starts trouble, loves being told off. He leads, the rest follow. Ds doesn't bother with them as he doesn't want to get into trouble but of course that makes us unpopular. Last time I tried nicely to talk to one of the mums about her kids she accused me of lying and I was threatened...lovely people angry

runningonmt Tue 28-Jun-11 23:15:21

Oh I am sorry to hear that - it sounds like you have tried all reasonable steps sad.

I am at a loss to suggest anything else.

I do hope things get better for you soon x

thesunshinesbrightly Thu 30-Jun-11 02:26:48

I suggest you tell the police you are going to take matters into your own hands(worked for me) also dont you have a neighbourhood area officer? you sound like you live in my area.
sympthy also goes out to you and your little one it's hell isn't it? uncomfortable and miserable even tho you could knock ten bells of shit out of them.

TheFrogs Thu 30-Jun-11 05:55:39

I feel totally powerless! The smallest (I think he's about 4-5?) threatened to put my windows through a few days back (brother to unpleasant child)...now obviously I laughed and told him to go ahead, but the sheer nastiness of these kids is something else. It's something I just wont ever understand...wtf makes children that way?!

thesunshinesbrightly Thu 30-Jun-11 09:54:05

Unbelievable isn't it. I seriously blame the parents, lack of respect off kids these days is disgusting its because they know no one can touch them so they can be as vile as the want.
Do you know if it's just you in the area they target??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now