Advanced search

Income support help??

(5 Posts)
harrygraciepie Wed 22-Jun-11 10:34:28

Hi all Im wondering if anybody can give me some advice,
I am in the early weeks of pregnancy and on my own with 2 kids aged 5 and 1 years. Up until recently I had been working 16 hours but the florist is shutting down and had to lay me off. I havent yet told tax credits as im scared ill be left with no money at all even though im already £120 wages a week down so now only recieving £97 a week.
I have moved back in with my parents and am wondering does anybody know what i am entitled to before I go through the long process of applying for it?

PaigeTurner Wed 22-Jun-11 13:24:24

Have you tried putting in your new details to the entitledto website?

portaloo Thu 23-Jun-11 22:56:37

Is the £97 a week the child tax credit? Or is this working tax credit too?

Amieesmum Thu 23-Jun-11 23:31:03

Tax credits will do a 4 week run on if you still have childcare costs (ie a notice period) you really need to tell them, because they will back date what you owe them for not telling them you have stopped work.

You should be entitled to at the least JSA, If not income support & Child tax credit on top. Which is normally processed within a week or two, You will also be entitled to apply for a crisis loan during this period if need be.

gillybean2 Fri 24-Jun-11 03:49:20

Please tell them as soon as possible. Your money worries will be a million times worse if you end up owing them money you have to pay back.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: