Talk

Advanced search

Lonely, Worthless... Just Need A Moan :(

(3 Posts)
roomoo Tue 21-Jun-11 21:44:51

I have a DS age 5 & DD age 4.
Soooo greatfull 2 have them, yet atm starting 2 feel very lonely.
Constantly feeling worthless over everything. Like Im never going 2 be good enough 4 anyone.
Try 2 act like it doesnt bother me, when deep down im crying.
Yet I put on the brave face and just get on with it!!

I guess u could pretty much say, Im feeling sorry 4 myself, and should just have a good old cry then it will all be alright again...

Sorry 4 rambling, 1st thread doubt makes much sense :s

SuePurblybilt Tue 21-Jun-11 21:52:16

Nah, it makes sense. Even with the txtspk wink smile

Have you thought about telling this to someone in RL who could help? GP? Health Visitor? Surestart or Homestart Centre? Don't just have a cry and keep on keeping on, have a cry and then think about asking for some help smile.

sunshineandbooks Tue 21-Jun-11 22:07:34

I think you sound pretty normal. It's ok to feel down about it you know. Being a single parent, especially with DC under 5 is hard. You can be very isolated because you can't stay out after bedtimes and they're not in school yet so you don't have the social network that school-aged DC have. It can be very lonely if you don't have friends in similar situations who can understand how you feel or come round to keep you company.

Feeling crap about shitty circumstances is a normal healthy reaction to shitty circumstances.

However, if you really are feeling very down, can't stop crying, and it's going on day after day, you should really go to see your GP. Depression is nothing to be ashamed of and a short course of ADs may make you feel a lot more able to tackle the underlying cause of your depression.

Whatever you do, do not let yourself embark on a relationship with anyone at this stage. If you are vulnerable, your radar is likely to be off and you could well end up with a character who doesn't deserve you and could make things even harder. It's a cliche but concentrate on finding new friends and taking up hobbies. Chat with some mums at playgroup and see if you can invite one over for coffee. It's surprising how far these things can develop and what they may open the door to.

Good luck. I hope you feel better soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now