Talk

Advanced search

Don't you just hate the smug marrieds on here who obviously are perfect mothers!

(37 Posts)
MrsS01 Tue 21-Jun-11 20:23:32

Grrrr

MrsS01 Tue 21-Jun-11 20:25:56

and pass judgement without knowing your situation and experiencing life as a single parent and how hard it can be. Again grrrr

SuePurblybilt Tue 21-Jun-11 20:28:48

Erm, no. It annoys me sometimes in RL, the assumption that having a husband improves your parenting regardless, but I've not experienced it on MN, quite the reverse.
Anyway, I'm a fecking amazing parent smile

MavisEnderby Tue 21-Jun-11 20:30:29

Oh dear.Hands wine .

tbh I don't think I have come across many posters I actively dislike but I agree unless you have actually been there it is very hard to really understand how hard it is to be a LP.

have you had a really shitey day??

GypsyMoth Tue 21-Jun-11 20:32:52

smug marrieds?

go on the relationships section,most of the 'D'h's are fooling around on dating websites/having affairs/facebook friendships with ex's etc etc!!

not so smug then eh?

StayFrosty Tue 21-Jun-11 20:33:12

Some people are smug on here <shrug> is this because you started an aibu and got people going 'yabu'? Because people who get the proper hump about their aibu threads get on my wick just as much as the smuggers, be they married, single, or polygamous.

GypsyMoth Tue 21-Jun-11 20:33:30

and the moaning about all these dh's who dont do any housework.....no,i'd rather be on my own

MrsS01 Tue 21-Jun-11 20:34:51

Sorry for rantingsad

I'm fine, I just posted a 'what would you do in my situation' and had mostly constructive replies apart from one who told me to stop treating my child as a pawn in my silly games!

To give you details of my situation, I've been a LP since my XH had an affair and walked out on me and my baby 9 years ago, seeing him for an hour a week, paying no maintenance. So I've brought my DC up single handedly making a bl***y good job of it, always putting him 1st before myself (unlike his father). Oh dear, I'm still ranting - sorry sad

MrsS01 Tue 21-Jun-11 20:35:31

Tiffany - thanks that put a smile on my face smile

smallwhitecat Tue 21-Jun-11 20:36:13

Message withdrawn

MavisEnderby Tue 21-Jun-11 20:37:18

Carry on ranting...one of the flip sides of LP is that often when you are feeling particularly ranty there is no one to rant at unless you do a Shirley Valentine stylee "Hello wall" and vent to inanimate objects....I had a great rant at my washing machine the other nightgrin

MrsS01 Tue 21-Jun-11 20:37:34

StayFrosty- yes I suppose so. But I asked what they'd do in my situation, not asking to be judged.

MrsS01 Tue 21-Jun-11 20:38:19

smallwhitecat smile

no gym gear in my house smile

Thanks smile

StayFrosty Tue 21-Jun-11 20:42:26

That poster who said that to you is on a bit of a mass wind up tbh. Less smug married, more hairy handed trucker imo. Just saying.

girliefriend Tue 21-Jun-11 20:42:48

yes and in rl as well, married couples are annoying!!!

<sighs deeply and wonders when my prince charming is going to turn up>

swanker Tue 21-Jun-11 20:46:02

You know the rest of MN can actually see the LP board hmm
I know you're venting, but it's not nice to bitch.
I don't think anyone who parents in a couple does not realise just how tough it is for LPs, and just looking at active convoys makes one very aware that it comes out of the blue for many.

NotSuchASmugMarriedNow Tue 21-Jun-11 21:00:59

I used to be one of those

GypsyMoth Tue 21-Jun-11 21:03:17

yes,well aware rest of MN can see the LP board...

NotSuchASmugMarriedNow Tue 21-Jun-11 21:03:54

And if you think it's tough being a lone parent, you wanna try being a married parent with a fucking useless husband who doesn't support you and only serves to make things worse.

Life is much easier as a single parent, which I was effectively anyway.

WillIEverBeASizeTen Tue 21-Jun-11 21:31:17

OP, nobody is a perfect parent just like nobody is perfect period! We just all do our best for the DCs.

I'm a LP and like NSASMN had a DP who was an evil useless knob (still is BTW) and parenting was far harder than it is now alone.

Like Tiff says, all is not always what it seems. No one knows what goes on behind the nets.

sunshineandbooks Tue 21-Jun-11 22:17:35

Well I think there are a few notable posters on MN who clearly think that all LPs are somehow failing their DC because nothing can compare to a two-parent family. However, as I know they are talking shite I tend not to let it get to me. wink

I have this personal theory that the smugger the married person, the crapper their relationship is - they're just in denial so have to run you down to prove it. Like NSASMN says, it is definitely easier to be a single parent than married to a twat, especially if you're pretending to be pollyanna and insisting that everything on the home front is absolutely wonderful.

Most married people I deal with in RL as well as on MN are actually very supportive. I think the LP-hating brigade are mostly consigned to Daily Mail editorial fantasies.

circlehead Tue 21-Jun-11 23:36:40

ARRgghh, don't get me started on the Daily fricking Mail!!

PaigeTurner Wed 22-Jun-11 13:28:40

Don't get me started on "effectively a lone parent" arghhh!

oldraver Wed 22-Jun-11 19:52:24

I live in an area of quite high proportion of 'marrieds'. When DS was at pre-school I was the only single Mum and even at school there are very few

Especially at pre-school I have never heard so much moaning at how 'hard' it is to have their kids. Sooo hard as dh had to go into work for a few extra hours, that they couldn't come home for dinner etc. There wasn't a day went by without some whinging and lots of joining in

I admit I sniggered a lot

GypsyMoth Wed 22-Jun-11 19:59:23

the 'effectively a single parent' line winds me up too!!

what a load of rubbish!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now