Talk

Advanced search

CSA

(5 Posts)
SarahLou000 Fri 10-Jun-11 15:16:20

8 years ago my ex husband left when our children were 14 months and 3 months after I discovered he has a criminal and dishonest past. Immediately after he left I made an application to the CSA for maintenance. However the task of tracing my ex proved to be too difficult and in 2004 I was told that my case would close as finding him "would use up too many resources."

In January 2010 I made a freash application to the CSA and was initially impressed when I was told that they had traced him!!! But then 35 weeks later I was told my case would close again as he had not been in contact. Using the old trick of returning his mail marked 'not known at this address' and chaning his mobile number. Feeling frustrated I took it upon myself to trace him via the voters register. From this I passed onto the CSA his address, work place address and car registration number!

It's been 17 months now since I went to the CSA for the second time and to date I have had 41 telephone converstions with them, written 2 letters of complaint to the office dealing with my case, 1 letter to the Complaints Resolution Team. I have involved my M.P. and I have written to David Cameron, Iain Duncan Smith and the CSA Chief Exec Mark Grimshaw.

I have got to the point now where the CSA have gone to court to get a Liability Order - legal recognition that there is a debt to be paid. Once that has been obtain the CSA can use more of their enforcement powers. But no doubt that will be the next battle on my hands.

My advice to anybody trying to secure maintenace via the CSA is to not give up, ring every week, involve your MP and write to the PM!

Devendra Fri 10-Jun-11 15:43:07

I feel your pain...I remember the hours spent on the phone and writing letters of compaint to all and sundry. The CSA are truely the most inept ans useless organisation ever..

gillybean2 Fri 10-Jun-11 19:14:50

Let's hope they get your dc some money soon.

UnlikelyAmazonian Fri 10-Jun-11 19:26:03

Mmm. Interesting. My case was closed within a nano second as exh disappeared to thailand. There is no 'reciprocal agreement' with thailand for CSA and actually one sol told me that the CSA would struggle getting payments out of him if he lived in the next town let alone a third world country.

I have often thought of writing to PM, local MP etc. But frankly I dont have the time. Or the inclination. Which is very sad and pathetic of me really i suppose.

Lovedlots Sat 11-Jun-11 17:46:58

Well done SL I admire you. Hope you get what you are owed. Keep updating us.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: