Talk

Advanced search

contact

(3 Posts)
happygolucky0 Tue 07-Jun-11 21:55:41

Hello I was wondering what advice you would be able to give to me. The dad of my teenager has come in and out of his life when he has wanted over the years. I have always tried to support the relationship but have got tired of the excuses. He has had contact every other week on a Sunday from 10 to 6pm for say 3 or 4 months then doesn't bother for 6 months!
Would you put up with this (he wont changed) all the talking in the world hasn't helped. ? Is that relationship in the best interest of the child. Would it be better to stop him. I don't know what to do for the best anymore.

GypsyMoth Tue 07-Jun-11 21:58:11

what does your son want?? thats all that matters with this age

happygolucky0 Tue 07-Jun-11 22:06:19

when his Dad doesn't remain in contact before I have said that he can go and knock on his door as he only drives a 10 min walk away but he never has. He has always put his Dad on a pedal stool but the last few years he can see the situation for himself and just feels unwanted by him most of the year.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: