Talk

Advanced search

ex and money

(5 Posts)
giigii Tue 24-May-11 22:52:40

my ex has jus got back in touch with me to start seeing dd and im fine with that but when he sits there bragging hes buying new clothes and a new tattoo yet he hasnt bought her a thing apart from her bday and 1 christmas he hasnt botherd to give me any money to help raise her because he hasnt got a job yet i havent botherd asking for owt but now hes bragging at what hes buying and what he has bought his new girlfriend i want to scream at him i just dont know the best way to approach him

JBellingham Wed 25-May-11 14:12:58

CSA

PinkCarBlueCar Wed 25-May-11 19:16:39

He should pay around 15% of his income after tax etc. CSA has a calculator on the website.

If he's on benefits, CSA will take £5 per week.

If he's getting cash in hand, good luck, as CSA will be as useless and toothless as a useless toothless thing.

gillybean2 Wed 25-May-11 19:22:57

Parents have responsibilities to their dc. One of the biggest of which is to financially support their dc.

Ask him if he's now going to start paying what he should be voluntarily or if youu should go through the CSA. Even on benefits he is required to pay maintenance.
Don't be upset or intimitated by him. This is your dd's money not yours and you should be making sure she gets it.

I hate to say but I'm pretty sure he will vanish off again once his relationship with new gf ends so get the CSA involved and then you don't have to talk to him about it.

giigii Wed 01-Jun-11 16:33:31

thanks for the advice im gunna try have a talk with him first if he dosent listen ill go to csa and gillybean your prob right i cnt see him lasting long with his new gf and im expecting him to vanish off soon thats what he does

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now