Talk

Advanced search

F*ck, I am happy to be a lone parent when....

(6 Posts)
Shimmerysilverglitterybaubles Sun 19-Dec-10 20:47:24

Ex phones up pissed up demanding to speak to dc and I can say curtly "No" and cut him off without having to worry that he will be staggering home drunk in 5 hours and I will have to deal with him!

grin oh happy days!

makemineapinot Sun 19-Dec-10 21:32:02

I did that Friday night smile !!!!

"why can't I speak to the kids you cow?"

"They're asleep in bed"
slam!

yay!!! I you were a proper dad you would know that children go to bed at an appropriate time leaving mummy to drink wine and MN!!! grin

Shimmerysilverglitterybaubles Sun 19-Dec-10 22:35:18

It really feels pretty good doesn't it? I was rejoicing and giddy with relief that I don't have to put up with it anymore!

daddydaycare51 Mon 20-Dec-10 02:05:58

When the footballs on and there's no-one sitting there saying omg football again. Me an my kids love footy an i got 4 grin

MatureUniStudent Mon 20-Dec-10 18:05:18

Oh the joy of having the king size bed to yourself. Of doing snow angels in bed without bumping into anyone. Of having a tidy and organised house without any smelly socks, boxers and other dross to trip over. To just hear the silence and not to hear the silence of accusational/angry/hurt/ignored silence. To not have to ever again count to 100 to allow yourself time to calm down. To know the house will be the same as you left it when you return. To not have to have a dinner on the table at a certain time. No more shirts to iron!

I did over 20 long years and no, I don't miss anything except for the arm round the waist as you push the trolly round the supermarket. However, that is easily overcome by on line shopping!

changeforthebetter Tue 21-Dec-10 16:15:38

Xmas is hard work and there's a bit of a twinge when I see the "happy family" vibe in other people (a genuine, not sham one) but hey, I will not have to watch the stupid prat carve a turkey, listen to him drone on about 100 boring subjects or put up with his pissed snoring. I would take single-parenthood every time over life with that loser grinsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now