Talk

Advanced search

Moving to south possibly London

(4 Posts)
notsohotchic Fri 10-Dec-10 20:00:49

Ok, So I am thinking when my degree finishes I could follow it with a masters. Probably madness, should start a thread on that too. But at the same time (see previous post) I am seriously thinking of moving from my hometown. I live oop North. Lived in the South before and liked the better climate, more positive attitudes etc. I have seen some great courses in London. Would I be completely bonkers to move there? I have 3 dcs, 10, 7 and 5 and a long term bf.
If not London nearby, commutable?
What about the south coast?
Quite spoilt at the moment with a beautiful city. Would miss that but sure theres somewhere and perhaps not too expensive?

hairyfairylights Fri 10-Dec-10 23:59:12

Don't move your children away from everything they know and are familiar with. I know from
experience it is not good for their wellbeing.

Niceguy2 Sat 11-Dec-10 08:31:11

A few years ago, I uprooted my kids and moved 100 miles away from their mum.

I can tell you something, its not something to do lightly. The impact on the children's life have been great. Both positive & negative.

What I would urge you to do is think about how they would cope in a new school? Are they the types to sink or swim? Esp. the eldest who will be more set in his/her ways.

The south is warmer, more prosperous etc but at the same time its a damn site more expensive to live. How will you manage as a student?

Hope you find the answers.

notsohotchic Sun 12-Dec-10 12:44:35

Hmm. Yes it wouldn't be done lightly. Not at all. My abusive ex partner, (their father) still makes my life as difficult as possible. To the extent that the thought of continuing to live near him is impossible to bear. Do Not want to 'run away' but there are positive reasons too.
School-wise my children moved school 3 years ago. I know it can be hard. Good for them too in some ways. The eldest would be changing to senior school anyway.
I had friends as a child who moved around the country, none of them see that as having harmed them.

I do have family and friends here, so would be visiting often.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: