Advanced search

escaping from loony ex

(5 Posts)
notsohotchic Wed 01-Dec-10 15:07:53

Ok, I am beginning to realise that life with him around is always going to be hard hard hard!! I am doing well not to be hiding in a corner blubbing, I have been so anxious at times the past year.
He's an alcoholic. He has 2 hours a fortnight supervision. He keeps on with a contact case in court, but I do not trust him AT ALL to look after the children alone. Or supervised by his GF or mother. So me and more lately my mum are left with the task. During which he makes snide comments directed at us. He has been sending awful texts to me and now my mum.Police recently informed.
He is DEFINATELY still drinking but denies it, along with responsibility for the times he put the children at risk.
I want to leave town.
The question is, will he be able to stop me, legally? I am thinking of the South. (Up north at the mo) Just somewhere it is less easy for him to make my life miserable. I dread the thought of uprooting my children but I can't stand it anymore.

JaquiChan Wed 01-Dec-10 15:26:59

pm'd you.

cestlavielife Wed 01-Dec-10 15:34:29

can you have the contact in a contact centre?

notsohotchic Wed 01-Dec-10 15:52:27

God, we were doing that, the c/c. But it is seen as a last and temporary resort here. Could have kept it there but ex ended up in hospital last spring. He reckoned he was going to sort himself out properly (b.s.)and I (cringe) felt sorry for him and was sympathetic so I agreed to supervise at his place. The children have rabbits there from when he had weekend contact and I fell for it, thinking it was better for them and that he would soon be fine.

HansieMom Thu 02-Dec-10 21:10:31

How about telling him you will no longer supervise him, and neither will your mum.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: