Talk

Advanced search

looks like the competitiveness has began

(13 Posts)
shelleylou Wed 01-Dec-10 14:21:03

H (ds's stepdad) had said about getting ds a certain dvd for christmas. He's text me this morning saying he was going to get him a bike too and which size would be best. He left me in a financial mess so I'm not sure how I'm going to manage christmas but I feel quite put out that he is going to get DS his first bike. he's been asking me for a while for one H always said he was too little (just 4) and now this grrr. Just need a bit of a rant, i know unless ds's maintenance comes in i wont be able to get him one anyway but its my son and i was sooo looking forward to getting him a bike and teaching him to ride it <<stamps feet>>

whiteandnerdy Wed 01-Dec-10 14:38:23

If your after a bike try something like gumtree or look on ebay for a really close seller, I gave my sons bikes away for nothing. After all at 4 they'll out grow the bike in next to no time and then its just taking up space.

I've never thought a bike made a good Christmas present, due to the really poor and cold weather. If you keep your eyes and ears open I'm sure you'll have picked up a very good 2nd hand childs cycle by the summer.

BEAUTlFUL Wed 01-Dec-10 15:35:24

Aww, try to think how happy it will make your lovely DS to have a bike. Surely that's the only important thing? Your DS's happiness? You'll be the one who goes out with him on it all the time and sees his happy face. smile

I take it (sorry I don't know your situation?) that you have split from your husband? And he was DS's stepdad?

cestlavielife Wed 01-Dec-10 15:36:49

i dont get it. if he pays for the bike great!

if is kept at your place you will still be the one doing the riding with him. so what's the issue?

is he your ex or your H?
if he is exH and ahs left you - then take the present for benefit of your son and enjoy your times going out with him.

evolucy7 Wed 01-Dec-10 15:41:13

Shelleylou - are you saying that he would keep the bike at his house and not let your son bring it home?

Boobalina Wed 01-Dec-10 15:43:12

My ex is buying the kids bikes this year and I am buying all the stocking stuff and their presents to each other - much more intersting and fun - but they'll love the bikes too!

Boobalina Wed 01-Dec-10 15:43:25

My ex is buying the kids bikes this year and I am buying all the stocking stuff and their presents to each other - much more intersting and fun - but they'll love the bikes too!

shelleylou Wed 01-Dec-10 16:08:09

He is my ex and DS's stepdad. Im not sure where he is planning on keeping it but i do think it will be at mine for practical reasons if nothing else. I'm more annoyed that he said for us not to get one for ds when we were together and has now decided this. Its always been me thats made sure that ds got what he wanted for christmas and needed otherwise so its a bit weird for me. I was a single parent for a while before. I'm not going to stop him from buying it I'd rather ds have one and all the fun that goes along with it than miss out. Just kind of feel he is trying to out do me as he knows as yet I am not recieving any consistant money so Santa's elves were on strike lol

shelleylou Wed 01-Dec-10 16:09:26

WhiteandNerdy DS's birthday is novemeber so unless hes bought one for the sake of it he wont get one lol

BEAUTlFUL Wed 01-Dec-10 17:29:48

"I'm more annoyed that he said for us not to get one for ds when we were together and has now decided this"

Maybe he's having second thoughts about the split and is wanting to impress/please you...?

shelleylou Wed 01-Dec-10 19:08:04

I dont know he hasn't gave that impression. It was his decision and he can live with it. I'd already told him that

whiteandnerdy Wed 01-Dec-10 22:44:49

I was a second child when it came to bikes and clothes it was hand me downs all the way.

shelleylou Fri 03-Dec-10 01:18:38

That has reminded me of a very dear memory of my DB. I have told H to get DS the bike it is completely unfair for me to get annoyed by it and refuse to allow him to buy it as it will only be DS missing out in the long run. His face will be a picture and i will take solice from that. He is the only thing that matters in all this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now