Talk

Advanced search

what have you done today?

(4 Posts)
hariboegg Sat 27-Nov-10 15:43:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BelleDameSansMerci Sat 27-Nov-10 17:22:48

Hello. I dd often feel like you do when DD was a bit younger. She's 3 now and it's become much easier. I think it's hard when you're on your own with a very young child particularly if you are still missing your ex.

As for what we've done today - not much. We've only had a dusting of snow and I was mean mummy because I wouldn't let DD play outside in it for long. We've "watched" (ie it's been on but not really watched much) Toy Story 3 about five times (groan); done some painting; DD did some "washing up"; played some pretend games and she's now pretending to be a dog. I have to throw things and she fetches them...

To be honest, it sounds as if you need some adult conversation or something to stimulate you more. Do you have friends around who could come over after DS is in bed? Just someone who could make you smile?

I understand if you don't - I live hundreds of miles from all my friends and often feel I can't ask my newer, childless friends to come over as I don't want to intrude in their lives, etc.

Do you want to talk about your ex?

allgonebellyup Mon 29-Nov-10 15:11:04

i used to feel like this all the time.Horrible. I didnt realise how bad it really was until i started work and could chat to other adults all day, and feel INVOLVED. i took anti-depressants which helped loads but it was entering the work place which changed things overnight for me.

lowercase Mon 29-Nov-10 22:00:06

if you think you are depressed, go to the doctors...dont suffer in silence.

im on AD's and they have helped more than i can say.

i ended the relationship with my ex but i too think about him/us too much...im left well and truly holding the baby sad

what happened with your ex then?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: