Talk

Advanced search

There is light at end of the tunnel

(4 Posts)
appleslice Fri 26-Nov-10 21:29:09

Just want to say that after 3 years of DS1 being a total pain, swearing at me, shouting, door slamming, being late for school, not doing home work, getting suspended, etc which more often and not ended up with me / us arguing and ending up in tears......he has completely done a U turn and turned into a polite young man he is now nearly 17, had an outstanding report (for the first time ever) from college for his first term every remark for behaviour to time-keeping was Outstanding and the tutor put that he is very mature and that his peers could do with learning a few lessons off him.

It has made me so proud as been a single parent for 5 years and it has been hard work and I just wanted to say that one day that they do change I no its hard to believe when they are shouting and screaming at you..

Meglet Fri 26-Nov-10 21:35:26

Great news smile. College obviously suits him.

So I have 14 years or so before mine start to behave grin.

appleslice Fri 26-Nov-10 21:39:09

Meglet maybe not as my DS2 is totally different .
Yes college seems to have been the making off him I think not getting on the course he orginally wanted was a wake up course because of his maths result and Engineering snapped him up he has ended up loving the course smile

Trifle66 Sat 27-Nov-10 08:36:33

I'm a teacher and see this happening all the time - the years 13 -16 are not the best years for boys - but usually they have turned into nice young men by the time they leave

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now