Talk

Advanced search

What is wrong with me? I annoy myself!

(6 Posts)
gingercrls Tue 23-Nov-10 22:02:43

Today I really miss my dh. Separated 8 months and he started seeing someone else 6 months ago (real plain Jane, unbelievable). I have filed for divorce.

He wasn't a very good husband in the supportive way, very lazy. We were together 14 years though. I know am better off without him but I miss him. What is the matter with me? He has really put me through hell the last year and has been appalling with DD and contact. Surely I should be over him by now and I am in a way. But I miss the old us. That wasn't even that great to begin with. sigh. Anyone else get like this?

hariboegg Tue 23-Nov-10 22:10:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SophiasTwins Tue 23-Nov-10 22:12:03

Hugs, Sounds like a crap place to be. all i can think of is the quote form Winston Churchill, "when in Hell, Keep Going. ".

Even when our comfort zones aren't very good for us, their still what we're comfortable with, and it must be hard finding a new way of living we can be comfortable with.

I hope you find happier times. Maybe talking to a councillor would help?

XXX

BEAUTlFUL Fri 26-Nov-10 17:12:25

"(real plain Jane, unbelievable)" -- miaow!

emmyem1 Fri 26-Nov-10 18:56:01

Hello,im new here (like a few mins new) but i saw this and just HAD to comment!!! My dh left me and our 2 sons a few days after our 15 year anniversary,i cant tell you how very shocked and hurt i was,it was horrendous. I want you to know that its still (believe it or not) early days for you..after such a long amount of time together its almost like a bereavement. I was friends with a councellor at the time mine left and he said to me to allow myself 2 years to fully come to terms with it. At the time i thought 'pah! two years my ass' but after spending 2 years of all manor of diff emotions,weightloss,weightgain,ridiculas rebound relationship and far too much wine, i can honestly say he was right!! Its now been 2 and half years and altho i have no anger,longing for or anything other than friendship with my dh now it was a long old road and to be brutally honest i still think there are things i need to work through(as we were togetha from such an early age) Be kind to yourself,what you feel now is normal and will pass,its all a journey..i meant to no babble on quite as much as i did there!!!

mellowdramatic Sat 27-Nov-10 23:35:05

I'm at the 18 month mark and am still grieving. I've a friend who is 10 years down the line and says she still sometimes gets upset! emmyem you're first two years sounds just like mine (rebound relationships can be good fun even though ridiculous)!!

Are you happier day to day without him?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: