Talk

Advanced search

Tonights the night.. wish me luck

(22 Posts)
QueenandKingMum Sat 20-Nov-10 10:59:09

POF guy (Jacqui, NOT hairychest!), we're meeting for a coffee and a chat. Perhaps a wander around town, and maybe dinner. Can't have a late one as my 14 year old is home waiting for me..

Not really into it, but nothing ventured right?

hairytriangle Sat 20-Nov-10 11:19:07

Good luck

allgonebellyup Sat 20-Nov-10 13:30:37

how did it go then?

gillybean2 Sat 20-Nov-10 13:57:48

I don't think she's gone yet...
Good luck when you do

QueenandKingMum Sat 20-Nov-10 19:12:16

Oh dear... Met for afternoon coffee and a wander. Fine to chat to, do have a lot in common but so not my type. He's quite keen for another but..no..

Oh well

QueenandKingMum Sat 20-Nov-10 19:14:31

And how do I let him down gently? I think he's not had much luck romantically..

ItalianLady Sat 20-Nov-10 19:16:12

I say give him another chance. I had a blind date though we had spoken. No initial attraction but he was a lovely guy. He asked me out and I said yes bur I still wasn't sure. We have now been together for nearly 16 years grin.

QueenandKingMum Sat 20-Nov-10 19:20:22

Even if you aren't that keen?

ItalianLady Sat 20-Nov-10 19:23:12

Is there anything you liked about him?

I didn't fancy him but he was a lovely guy. A few days later he kissed me and that was that. Done for grin.

gillybean2 Sat 20-Nov-10 19:46:21

So what type is he? If he's mine you could send him my way instead grin

JaquiChan Sat 20-Nov-10 20:45:14

bet it was hairy guy grin <runs for cover>.

QueenandKingMum Sat 20-Nov-10 21:04:53

Jaqui! Just a bit geeky, you know? Nothing wrong with him, just not my type, reserved..

Had a text saying he enjoyed today band looking forward to next time.. What do I say?!

aurorastargazer Sat 20-Nov-10 21:06:26

go and have fun smile

pastyeater Sat 20-Nov-10 21:09:38

good luck smile

JaquiChan Sat 20-Nov-10 21:17:20

go with your gut feeling, if there is a glimmer then go for it, or move on if not but I think you get an inkling if somethings not right.

Antalya1 Sat 20-Nov-10 22:07:33

You know if it's not right and there isn't just that 'click' there. I've had dates where I've come away thinking 'hmmm' maybe if i just go out with him again then I might feel differently...I've never have done!!

QueenandKingMum Sun 21-Nov-10 13:44:26

Thats the thing, we had loads in common but no spark whatsoever. For me, anyway. Him, definitely yes. I've yet to reply to his text. How do I let him down gently? He's a nice guy, but just not interested.

lilac21 Sun 21-Nov-10 14:12:51

Don't agonise over it, it's the reality of dating, and internet dating in particular. Just say that you enjoyed meeting him and thanks for drinks/dinner whatever but that you don't want to pursue a relationship.

ItalianLady Sun 21-Nov-10 17:44:20

If you definitely are not interested in giving it another go tell him. If you are willing to see, then accept his invite.

On our second date I was thinking it was a mistake as I still didn't fancy him. I am so glad I saw him again because he turned out to be a lovely lovely guy and it very sexy grin.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

frazzle26 Mon 22-Nov-10 22:17:48

I went out with a guy that I met on a dating website last year for 8 months that I didn't have an initial spark with. OK it didn't work out in the end but we had lots of fun and he was a lovely guy. Might be worth one more go :-)

HappyWithLife Mon 22-Nov-10 23:15:11

You could let him down gently by saying that you enjoyed meeting him but that you've realised you aren't ready for a relationship just yet. Rather than just thanks but no thanks. But I'm the world's worst dater so probably don't listen to me grin

JaquiChan Sat 11-Dec-10 10:58:29

QueenandKing, what happened in the end?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now