Talk

Advanced search

Where have all the fit, interesting and available men gone (part 27)

(1003 Posts)
ninah Tue 16-Nov-10 22:12:09

part 27? good god

ninah Tue 16-Nov-10 22:12:34

yeah lou I can work yours out!

lilac21 Tue 16-Nov-10 22:13:17

Damn, ninah beat me!!

Please read my last post on no 26!

ninah Tue 16-Nov-10 22:14:34

lilac, sorry! it wouldnt let me post
ah well at least it wasn't monty again lol

lilac21 Tue 16-Nov-10 22:16:40

Maybe next time - I reserve part 28!

Monty27 Tue 16-Nov-10 22:20:36

Ha ha evening everyone.

Do you remember me and Juice called it 'getting to the bar first' lol. Or named by ASBM I think grin

Ninah - have added you, blimey, you ain't so bad yourself!

abouteve Tue 16-Nov-10 22:53:35

Place marking, nothing to report.

FairyLightsForever Tue 16-Nov-10 22:54:54

Part 27, and there's still a shocking lack of fit, interesting and available men...

Lilac, kiwi's got a cheek, hasn't he? He should consider himself bloody lucky that you've given him a second chance! hmm

lou33 Tue 16-Nov-10 23:10:02

found you

BaroqueAroundTheClock Tue 16-Nov-10 23:14:13

oops - sorry lost the old thread on my threads I'm on.

am still here.

Getting a plethora of foreign men winking at me on Match confused

yes you're really nice looking but you're in Colombia, Morocco, Tunisia, New Zealand, India, plus about 10 other far flung countries - FARK OFF

elastamum Tue 16-Nov-10 23:16:21

Ohh, can I be the first to report a date on the new thread!!!

Have just come back from my date with new man, will have to think of a name for him.

He was lovely! nice looking, witty, intelligent, really good fun, he bought me dinner, we stayed in the pub until we got thrown out and he asked if I wanted to meet again before we left. I said yes, so he is going to call me to arrange another date!
Am feeling very grin

FairyLightsForever Tue 16-Nov-10 23:16:50

Another name change, Moma? grin

FairyLightsForever Tue 16-Nov-10 23:18:35

Ooh, how exciting elasta!
Maybe there are a fewFIA men still out there after all!

BaroqueAroundTheClock Tue 16-Nov-10 23:19:47

oh gosh - yeah sorry everyone - you do all know me - I'm MaMoTTat (and all her previous names) grin

oooo - sounds promising elasta

elastamum Tue 16-Nov-10 23:19:59

Well this one is certainly fit and interesting!!! fingers crossed wink

lou33 Tue 16-Nov-10 23:22:04

sounds good elasta, crossing everything here for you!

lilac21 Tue 16-Nov-10 23:36:41

So have just spent an hour on the phone to kiwi, not sure it got us anywhere, tbh. I now know what happened last time, and I stated my case re a physical relationship has to be an exclusive one. I think we went round in circles a bit, and he's going to think about what we've discussed. Perhaps some of what has happened relates to him arriving in the country fairly recently and having to get his life sorted out and re-established in a new city and a new country. Obviously he knows I have kids, but I'm not sure he is happy about having an ongoing relationship where he has to work around my schedule. Best to know that now, rather than later, isn't it?

I'm not sure he really wants to commit himself to someone who will never want to get married or have kids, and who is not in a position to involve him in her family life just now. He's 30 and I'm 42, so I totally get where's he coming from.

One option that comes to mind is the completely unsuitable expression "suck it and see" confused - I don't mean that literally!!

Flame Wed 17-Nov-10 08:58:13

Lilac... i refer you to all the Carrot advice with regards kiwi wink.

Yay elasta!!

I am getting on very well with Earl. hopefully going to meet him on Friday evening... he's working in a bar and I have a girly night out so we figured we may as well see each other even if it isn't a date.

Some bloke I blocked in Aug on POF sent me a message asking why I blocked him (turns out blocking cancels when you hide your profile for a bit i guess). Was completely honest and told him that I can't remember!

I am currently holding Carrot's hat hostage. Any suggestions for situations of peril I can put it in for photos?

FairyLightsForever Wed 17-Nov-10 09:58:32

Do you have a blender? grin

Flame Wed 17-Nov-10 10:53:38

Oooh I like your thinking...

mummyilubyou Wed 17-Nov-10 11:00:16

Morning, wow at 27

Lou, have befriended you on FB

Elasta, woohoo at new FaI bloke, sounds great, am now on tenterhooks as to developments smile

lilac, what Flame said re Kiwi

Monty, yes re getting to the bar first grin

DD2 driving me demented atm - she will be 3 in Jan and is just so stroppy, shouty, hitty, kicky and generally annoying......the word 'no' sends her into a passion. She forfeited her bedtime dummy and story last night, then was up 4 times in the night refusing to get back into bed (most unusual, both dds are bed-bunnies) so am shattered today

She has been like this for months, no worse or better since the advent of TLM (RAF) but I just don't know what to do other than sit it out for her to grow up a bit and be as consistent as possible when I discipline her.....

words of wisdom?

FairyLightsForever Wed 17-Nov-10 11:03:21

Deep fat fryer?

It's a shame you live so far away, I could have sewn some pretty stars on it for handing it back.... or added a couple of pom poms to it... [evil grin ]

Flame Wed 17-Nov-10 11:04:04

I have no control over mine so sod all advice. What does tlm stand for?

Oh lilac, Obv i do support ignoring all that advice, doing the sucking and having fun.

mummyilubyou Wed 17-Nov-10 11:08:23

TLM = The Lovely Mark blush

Had a cheese and biscuits kind of supper last night, DD1 stayed up with us as she loves that and she was in stitches chatting away to TLM, they just kept finding funny silly things to say to each other. I got this huge rush of feeling that this is a happy family shock. Nothing artificial or try-hard about it, just real contentment

Flame Wed 17-Nov-10 11:16:26

envy

This thread is not accepting new messages.