Talk

Advanced search

I know this can't happen but..

(7 Posts)
SamJones Fri 12-Nov-10 18:34:38

..sometimes I just wish I didn't have to deal with ExH anymore, and that my dc didn't have to have him as a role model. MY life would be so much simpler.

I would never refuse to let him see his dc, and I fully appreciate that my situation is nowhere near what some on here have to deal with. But I do so wish I didn't have to have him in my life anymore. Sometimes it seems just wrong that I am 'stuck' with him and his fuckwittery forever.

Just having a rant after having to be in his presence for a while.
As you were. smile

bettiboo Fri 12-Nov-10 18:40:05

I feel your pain!!! Unfortunately, you'll just have to grin and bear it. I'm hoping eventually I'll just stop feeling anything and I won't acknowledge any 'stucknes'. It's good to have a rant from time to time. I'm sure it must get easier? Let's be positive about it.

ElspethDiggory Fri 12-Nov-10 18:42:04

LOL! I'm sure there are hundreds/thousands of mumsnetters out there who feel exactly the same. Just remain on the higher ground, educate your children and eventually they will see his fuckwittery for what it is. I wish you luck and a giant slice of chocolate fudge cake.

SamJones Fri 12-Nov-10 18:50:46

<accepts chocolate fudge cake gratefully>

<slurps wine>

<starts to feel better>

grin

BigDot Fri 12-Nov-10 18:51:41

I moved away from my ex and I often feel glad that DD doesn't see her father and we've managed to escape from his manipulation completely. I don't have to deal with any complaints about maintenance, contact or arguments over parenting choices. And I don't have to split half my holidays or deal with his extended family.

It's definitely the best thing for both of us, my mental health and hers. I think contact is overrated, especially when the ex is a bad role model and can't offer consistent parenting. I think children gain very little when contact is only made to stop the ex feel guilty or when they're using it to try and continue to control the mother.

readywithwellies Fri 12-Nov-10 21:34:15

Hi Sam
Completely get where you are coming from, but we love our dcs enough to put it to one side to ensure they see both parents.

ElspethDiggory Sat 13-Nov-10 08:35:45

readywellies - how's the view from that pedestal or is your halo blinding you? hmm SamJones was just saying 'sometimes I wish' not 'I'm not going to let him see his dc'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now