Talk

Advanced search

dads /grandparents rights

(9 Posts)
ilovesprouts Tue 09-Nov-10 10:44:01

hi my dd has a 6m old ds ,babys das been a arse from day one ,he and my dd dont get on now he says hes going to take her to court to see if hes got any rights [hes not on the birth certificate]also do his grandparents have any rights to see dd sds!!

sleepycat Tue 09-Nov-10 10:46:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BooBooGlass Tue 09-Nov-10 10:47:19

Yes he has rights, wether he's on the birth certificate or not. Your dd needs to do what's best for her child, which means being a grown up herself. Regardless of how she feels about her ex, your grandson has a right to a relationship with his dad

hairytriangle Tue 09-Nov-10 14:59:45

He has rights as the father, but he needs to get himself on the birth cert asap - he is the father and the child at least needs to know who is her father.

Grandparents have no rights, basically.

GypsyMoth Tue 09-Nov-10 15:05:51

Actually, neither of them have rights!!

The child does as per the childrens act! They only have responsibilities!

hairytriangle Tue 09-Nov-10 15:18:04

the Responsibilities bring certain rights to parents, as per the website linked here:

www.dad.info/separation/law-and-rights/fathers-and -children-the-law

GypsyMoth Tue 09-Nov-10 16:06:44

It would be a formality for him to gain PR.....courts almost always award it.

If she wants to block/frustrate contact in any way then he will amply go to court to have it awarded.

What welfare issues are there??

ilovesprouts Tue 09-Nov-10 18:35:22

my dd has looked after him since day one ,hes dad has only seen him 3x since baby was born at first he said he was not the dad then he said he wants dna test ,then he also told dd that her and her son to "drop dead"hes mother and stepdads been very 2 faced behind my dds bk ,

GypsyMoth Tue 09-Nov-10 19:08:58

Yeah it's frustrating, but dads who act way,way worse than that STILL get contact regularly, and lots of it too!

He will get contact. He hasn't 'done' anything that would overly concern CAFCASS.

Violent, drug taking dads STILL do get contact. Dads in prison can still get it too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: