Talk

Advanced search

Muswell Hill / crouch end - maternity hospitals

(8 Posts)
Rags12 Sun 12-Nov-17 15:05:01

Hi everyone,I’m in week 7 and experiencing all the highs / lows so far and trying to smile 

I’ve just joined MN and exploring the wealth of information here. I’m looking for specific advice / feedback on hospitals (apologies if this has been covered elsewhere) - but I’d really appreciate some help in choosing between Whittington and royal free.

Any recent experiences / tips would be warmly received. Keep well

DaisyDando Sun 12-Nov-17 15:57:02

The birthing centre at The Whittington is lovely.

SevenNationArmyWife Sun 12-Nov-17 16:05:59

There’s always Barnet too. I’d join Muswell Hill Mums/Crouch End Parents/Hampstead Mums on Facebook. You’ll get loads of responses.

Rags12 Wed 15-Nov-17 18:10:52

Thank you for your comments /suggestions

EachandEveryone Wed 15-Nov-17 18:13:34

If you book at the Free and you have any problems they will send you to Barnet anyway so I’d skip the Free and book Barnet.

TriJo Fri 17-Nov-17 16:49:47

Friend of mine in Muswell Hill who is around 32 weeks at the moment is going to the Whittington.

I had my son in the birth centre at the Whittington (no-brainer for me as I'm in Archway) and was very happy with the care there, postnatal ward is a bit crap but that's the same everywhere. I'm 27 weeks with DS2 and hoping for the birth centre there again.

MrsDeathOfRats Fri 17-Nov-17 17:25:42

Whittington.
Had both of mine there. Birth centre is fab and i has 2 great maternity’s there.

Agree with someone above, don’t bother with The Royal Free.

ZaphodBeeblerox Fri 17-Nov-17 18:35:13

Also suggest looking at the FB groups - you’ll get great advice there. Royal free is supposed to be nice for low risk pregnancies but depends on your age / obstetric history / preferences etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now