Talk

Advanced search

Lord Mayors fireworks

(7 Posts)
TwinkleTwinkleLittleEtoile Fri 29-Sep-17 18:06:01

Has anybody been to the Lord Mayors fireworks recently? I went a few years ago, but can't remember what it was like? Does anybody know how crowded it gets? I was thing of taking my four year old, and standing somewhere near Waterloo or towards London Bridge, as that's closes to our route home. Would it be too busy for a four year old you think? He likes fireworks, so I'm not worried about him being freaked out by the noise, just worried we'll get stuck in town if it's really busy. Any recommendations on where it might be best to stand?

Davros Sun 01-Oct-17 11:36:19

Best to apply for tickets

bettytaghetti Sat 07-Oct-17 11:36:50

I don't think this one needs tickets, are you getting confused with the NYE fireworks @Davros?
Lord Mayor's Fireworks
Sorry Twinkle, we haven't been for years either so can't comment on crowds, but have enjoyed in the past so may have to go again. Thanks for the reminder!

Davros Sat 07-Oct-17 12:16:28

blush yes I misunderstood. You mean the ones following the Lord Mayor's Show? It's always worth checking if Thames Clippers are doing anything, they often have special trips for events on the river

corlan Sat 07-Oct-17 12:18:51

I last went a couple of years ago and stood on Waterloo Bridge. It wasn't that busy as I recall - no problem walking back to Waterloo.

Titterofwit Sat 07-Oct-17 13:03:55

Weve been several times recently and each time it was the same level of busyness.But even small children are able to get good views.We usually find a space along the river between Waterloo and Blacfriars bridges. Last time we were slap bang in fron the the firework barge by a complete fluke. But anywhere on that stretch will give a great view. I recommend taking a see through umbrella as the weather is often rainy. Or maybe a rain pouncho - you will be in one place for a while with no real shelter.
Weve also done the Thames clipper option but didnt find it gave a good enough view on a cloudy night .Nice to sit in the warm and dry with a glass of wine though.

CalmanOnSpeeddial Tue 17-Oct-17 15:51:31

I’ve been before with small DC and it was fine. The nice thing about Lord Mayor’s fireworks is that it’s early in the day so much more child-friendly and if you head back away from the river once they’re over you can find somewhere quiet for a quick supper as well.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: