Talk

Advanced search

Day out

(6 Posts)
Fiddlestikks Thu 29-Jun-17 10:49:19

Hello!

I'm looking recommendations for a day out with a four year old and twin almost two year olds, along with me and my mum. We'll arrive at Waterloo, so somewhere near there would be good, or within reasonable walking distance from there - my mum is a little claustrophobic with the tube, and the ginormous double buggy makes public transport a bit tricky anyway. So far I've thought of the Aquarium. Any other ideas? I'm willing to walk as far as Charing Cross or going towards London Bridge.

Thanks!

DarlingCoffee Thu 29-Jun-17 15:33:59

I've always fancied doing one of those Duck Tours in the big yellow bus that turns into a boat. Could we exciting for the kids and give you a rest? Failing that Tate Modern every time.

Davros Fri 30-Jun-17 20:27:40

Duck tour is a good idea, their starting point is quite near the London Eye. Presumably they gave somewhere for people to leave buggies. You could take a boat from the London Eye Pier to, say Greenwich or the O2. It's very relaxing and you see a LOT. Both end destinations are fun. You could get the boat back and get off somewhere else, maybe London Bridge fir Hay's Galleria and Tower Bridge or stay in to Tower of London

SquirmOfEels Sat 01-Jul-17 03:26:48

You could walk over Waterloo Bridge and go to Somerset House. There's always lots on there.

SquirmOfEels Sat 01-Jul-17 03:28:13

www.somersethouse.org.uk

SquirmOfEels Tue 11-Jul-17 07:23:24

Just wondering if you've been yet, and if so, what you ended up doing

[nosey]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now