Talk

Advanced search

Car parking near Arsenal Emirates Stadium?

(14 Posts)
SKYTVADDICT Sat 04-Mar-17 16:42:03

Our local non-league football team has got through to the last 8 of the FA cup and play Arsenal next Saturday. DH and 3DCs have tickets and I plan to drop them off and drive somewhere fairly close to a cafe or pub with a book and wait for them. Kick off is 5.30 so will probably have to be a pub. Any recommendations please?

ScrambledSmegs Sat 04-Mar-17 17:06:10

Is there a reason why you need to drive them? It's very difficult to park and drive around the Emirates on match days even if you live there.

SKYTVADDICT Sat 04-Mar-17 17:07:41

Not really it was just one of DHs suggestions but I thought it might be tricky.

SKYTVADDICT Sat 04-Mar-17 17:09:02

I think we may drive to an outer london station and park there and train/tube in but so will a lot of the other 9000 fans 😂

iwanttobemissmarple Sat 04-Mar-17 17:12:37

Parking near the emirates is a bit of a mare- public transport is a much better idea.

ScrambledSmegs Sat 04-Mar-17 17:33:58

Hmm. Which direction are you coming from? I might be able to advise to make the journey straightforward but can't spirit away the other fans, I'm afraid!

ScarletPower Sat 04-Mar-17 17:46:42

There's a website - I can't remember what it's called - something called Park on my Drive - and people who live close to venues such as this, hire our their driveways for the day / evening / whatever. My brother uses it when he goes to watch Manchester City. People leave feedback too so you can see who to avoid www.parkonmydrive.com/

SKYTVADDICT Sat 04-Mar-17 18:03:18

Thanks. Will have a look at the park on my drive thing. We are coming from the North. Dh thinks we could go from Harrow or somewhere like that but will need to be a big car park

ScrambledSmegs Sat 04-Mar-17 18:55:30

Walthamstow might be a good option, if they only want to go on the tube. Doesn't take too long on the Victoria Line and there's a station car park, although I don't know how big it is and how busy it's likely to be (probably very!). If you were going earlier in the day you could visit the William Morris gallery which has a good cafe (and is well worth a visit anytime). Some nice pubs there too.

There are some pretty big car parks at some mainline stations in greater london, however some are smaller than they should be so it's best to do your research before you travel.

Good luck!

AstrantiaMajor Sat 04-Mar-17 19:09:19

Park in Blackhorse lane Car Park. It is opposite the station. Many arsenal fans Park there. Then wander to the end of Blackhorse lane and spend the day in Walthamstow market. Go to Manzies for the best pie 'n mash in the world.

AstrantiaMajor Sat 04-Mar-17 19:12:25

Wherever you Park get there very very early. He would be better training it says OH who is also going

RudyMentary Sat 04-Mar-17 19:17:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SKYTVADDICT Sun 05-Mar-17 17:17:31

Thanks all. They have booked train tickets directb from Peterborough to Finsbury Park and will prob walk from there. I am going to stay at home and watch on tv with wine and popcorn

Guitargirl Sun 05-Mar-17 17:21:02

It's very close from Finsbury Park to the Emirates, you won't need any other form of transportation as long as they are mobile.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: