Talk

Advanced search

Girls lunch (with bubbles) recommendations please!

(23 Posts)
itwillbegrandsure Tue 07-Feb-17 13:13:25

We are two mums that rarely get an afternoon away from our littles hoping to meet for a long lunch on a Saturday in a few weeks time! (Whoop!)

Any girly lunch (with bubbles!) recommendations near London Bridge/Charing Cross? No budget - just somewhere nice!

Thank you!

FatherPissmas Tue 07-Feb-17 13:23:33

I'm not toooo sure what you mean by a "girly" lunch but here are some recommendations

I've had afternoon tea here and it was very nice. Good views across to Westminster.

I quite fancy this

I paid for my mum to go to Claridges a few years ago which was amazing apparently!

mouldycheesefan Tue 07-Feb-17 13:26:07

Kensington roof gardens is nice.

I would imagine any bar or restaurant could do "with bubbles" surely?

RoughBeast Tue 07-Feb-17 13:35:00

Look at any of the restaurants in and around Borough market.

Davros Tue 07-Feb-17 22:19:24

Sky Garden
Oxo Tower
Sea Containers
?

itwillbegrandsure Thu 09-Feb-17 16:23:49

Thank you!

I did the Bakery Bus for my birthday in September @FatherPissmas - highly recommend it!

I have never heard of Sea Containers - looks great!

Davros Thu 09-Feb-17 17:50:18

I am going to Sea Containers myself for the first time in a couple of weeks, not a Saturday though so won't see you there sad
The Royal Exchange is great but probably not on a Saturday
Also:
Roast in Borough market
Pater Noster Chop House

Beketaten Tue 14-Feb-17 15:41:27

Near London Bridge:
Any of the ex-Conran places by Tower Bridge (Le Pont de la Tour, Cantina del Ponte or Butler's Wharf Chop House)
Oxo Tower
The Swan
Vivat Bacchus
Rabot 1745

In Covent Garden, near Charing Cross:
Balthazar
The Ivy Market Grill

EatSpamAmandaLamb Tue 14-Feb-17 15:42:22

Sketch is always nice.

PurplePink Tue 14-Feb-17 15:44:17

I like the Wolseley on a Saturday lunchtime. Great atmosphere and not too up itself!

dinkystinky Tue 14-Feb-17 15:44:29

Roast will be a good bet - also good would be Brindisa (cava rather than champagne but great tapas to go with it).

Did Charlie and Chocolate Factory afternoon tea at One Axis (near to Charing Cross) with champagne which was fun.

Guitargirl Tue 14-Feb-17 15:44:38

The shard?

Scribblegirl Tue 14-Feb-17 15:47:01

I vote crossing the bridge at London Bridge and heading to Duck & Waffle.

littlepooch Tue 14-Feb-17 15:54:39

Some of the D&D restaurants are quite good. Some of them do free flow prosecco on a weekend.

madeleinecreek Tue 14-Feb-17 16:13:46

I love pont de la tour or the oyster bar in borough market.

Davros Tue 14-Feb-17 16:26:03

Do NOT go to Tredwells!!
I also like Roux at the Landau

TheDogsMother Tue 14-Feb-17 16:27:56

Portraits Restaurant (top floor of the National Portrait Gallery) is lovely with great views. Butlers Wharf Chop House. I'm trying Sea Containers this week so hoping it's good

slug Tue 14-Feb-17 16:50:50

I'd go for afternoon tea at the Library Lounge

The champagne really flows. I've been twice and both times we staggered out well fed and very a tad merry.

lakehouse Tue 14-Feb-17 17:02:41

Sea containers is so average. Like a Wetherspoon. I wouldn't class it in nice category at all.

Davros Wed 15-Feb-17 18:42:58

There is an offer on Open Table for 3 courses and a glass of English sparkling wine at Oxo Tower

Scribblegirl Wed 15-Feb-17 18:57:47

The rumpus room upstairs is nice lakehouse

I used to work across the river though so admittedly I just associate the restaurant now with boring business lunches. TBH I'm fonder of the pub next door where DP and I went on our first date many moons ago!

Davros Wed 01-Mar-17 15:04:10

Having now been to Sea Containers I agree, the restaurant is not great and the menu (lots of "sharing") is weird! The Rumpus Room is currently closed for refurb to put in a small kitchen. The Mondrian Hotel is good, excellent staff and interesting public areas. Rooms ok, nothing special.
I wish we'd gone next door to the Oxo Tower for lunch.

itwillbegrandsure Fri 03-Mar-17 12:34:54

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! Been to some you suggested in my pre kids life and I've made a list of the others for future use! (Some were fully booked by the time we got around to actually booking somewhere.) Starting to catch up with friends a lot more now so hopefully I'll get to try most of them out!

We ended up going to Quaglino's at St James that day. The place itself is great, good staff, fab cocktails but the food was sooo disappointing.
We almost went to Tredwells @davros but didn't after your strong suggestion not to!

Anyone been to Hixter?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now