How has the UK Coronavirus Lockdown affected children's play behaviours?

(2 Posts)
AbbieUOHPGRresearcher Wed 02-Dec-20 12:10:12

How has the Coronavirus Lockdown affected children's play?

The Cover-19 pandemic has been a difficult time for all, particularly young children. During the first UK lockdown children experienced great changes to their routines, they were unable to see family or friends and unable to attend school. I am a researcher at the University of Huddersfield who is particularly interested how play can support children's social and emotional skills, such as their understanding of others thoughts and feelings. I am currently conducting a survey to see how the first Coronavirus lockdown affected our children's play behaviours - did they engage more in certain types of play? Did they find new ways/games to play? Did they enjoy some types of play that they wouldn't usually?
Do you have a child aged between 4 and 10 years?
Please spare 5 minutes to answer some questions about their play before and during the first coronavirus lockdown.
To Complete the survey, please use the following link:
www.tiny.cc/je0vsz
Thank you for your support!

OP’s posts: |
Doublebubblebubble Thu 03-Dec-20 00:32:54

I have a 5 and 10 year old and I am just about to do your survey. They didnt miss out at all.

We made sure they saw friends and family on zoom and skype. Was that different, yes. Did it faze them, no.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in