What are we up to today?

(4 Posts)
GreyishDays Thu 02-Apr-20 08:36:02

After a verrry screen heavy day yesterday, I am full of optimism to do some worthy activities. We’re aiming to be light on the academics in general.
So today I have a ‘signs of spring’ printable for them to do.
www.twinkl.co.uk/resource/t-t-5045-springtime-hunt-checklist
Err then I might make them collect sticks for a wee fire one evening.
We have seeds to plant but they don’t seem arsed. Might attempt origami ninja stars.

What are you up to?

OP’s posts: |
ForeverBubblegum Thu 02-Apr-20 13:12:59

So far we have made a fish tank out of a cardboard box, and glued some pictures of fish in it. DS is now watching finding Nemo, while I drink coffee and work up the energy to clean the mountain of paint and glue that has enveloped my table.

DS's only 3, so it's more about keeping him busy then education, but we counted the different types of fish, so he might have learned something.

LiveLearnTogether Wed 08-Apr-20 20:53:14

This is a great little one to do if you’re still looking at spring and like a bit of origami - not technically origami but folding paper/water experiment my girls love. How do flowers bloom: (we just print the flower page not the card stuff) cloud.mysteryscience.com/image/fetch/https:%2F%2Fdocs%2Egoogle%2Ecom%2Fpresentation%2Fd%2F1tzQcKxpFfh%2Dba5ppkNBvkP4bcCW8sQKd9IqkrUY4YaE%2Fexport%2Fpdf%3Fdatehash%3D1585206000

dyscalculicgal96 Wed 08-Apr-20 22:06:29

Does anyone have any art and craft tips?
I have some crayons and pencils already on hand. Suggestions on activities welcome thanks in advance. This week we have gone on a walk, painted some pine cones and sketched the birds and cat at home. Tomorrow we are hoping to do sand art if possible or water fun. I also have a fun science lesson planned for Friday on water.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in