Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for entertaining yourself & your family during isolation

(6 Posts)
MoonBlood Wed 18-Mar-20 11:40:15

I’ve been having a scout around for things to do while we’re at home and found some great stuff on offer (and a few not so great 😂)

I thought maybe we could have a thread for everyone to add their links to anything helpful, entertaining, informative and so on.

Duplicate links may be requested to be removed.

hyperallergic.com/547919/2500-virtual-museum-tours-google-arts-culture/

popsugar.com/family/virtual-field-trips-to-take-with-kids-47315476/amp

www.virtualvisittours.com/

metopera.queue-it.net/?c=metopera&e=testevent&ver=v3-aspnet-3.6.1&cver=7&man=Production%20Queue&t=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.metopera.org%2Fabout%2Fpress-releases%2Fmet-to-launch-nightly-met-opera-streams-a-free-series-of-encore-live-in-hd-presentations-streamed-on-the-company-website-during-the-coronavirus-closure%2F

amp.usatoday.com/amp/5062122002

www.marieclaire.com/celebrity/amp31693186/john-legend-free-concert-instagram-live-stream-home/

techcrunch.com/2020/03/16/varsity-tutors-launches-virtual-school-day-for-free-amid-covid-19-school-closures/amp/

webroom.net/ - Might be useful for a book club or something? Download books on maybe kindle?

OP’s posts: |
ChangeOfName2020 Wed 18-Mar-20 11:59:08

I saw this yesterday, think it was on FB. Has a few good suggestions I wouldn't have thought of!

MoonBlood Wed 18-Mar-20 11:59:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MoonBlood Wed 18-Mar-20 12:01:51

That’s great, loads of good ideas on there! I’ve saved the pic to share to my local self isolation group on Facebook too smile

Seeline Thu 19-Mar-20 07:42:28

Just seen this on FB

https://chatterpack.net/blogs/blog/list-of-online-resources-for-anyone-who-is-isolated-at-home?fbclid=IwAR31tC7BU-0ky3saN9qkaX1YzfeFhHRyMjDA3X4a9CdmDno9B4Nnjd3QQjU

Redsarah Thu 02-Apr-20 14:22:40

I found a great project which is supporting the storytellers who usually come into schools to work with our kids.
There are two stories offered per day in 45 minute sessions.
All of the stories are available anytime on their website archive too.
It’s a creative way to break up the learning day, and there’s the option to support the storytellers too.
I love projects which help people on both sides of the deal !
Www.worldstorytellingcafe.com/story-circle

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in