Sainsbury’s toilets-staff refused to allow my 4 year old son to go to the toilet.

(3 Posts)
Nickinoo81 Sun 05-Nov-17 14:01:41

I had just popped into Sainsbury’s in Selby and bought a bag of shopping my 4 year old told me he needed a poo. So, having used the staff loo on a previous occasion, I asked at the customer service (!!) till I was told ‘no’ because ‘he’s not insured!’ Their public toilets have been closer for months. I was so upset. I’m 5 months pregnant and my little boy couldn’t understand why she wouldn’t let him use the toilets. I couldn’t carry him back to the car, but we made it home-which wasn’t too far away by car. Is it me or were Sainsbury’s staff completely heartless and insensitive. She just didn’t care. Even said she had children of her own and I said she should feel ashamed. She even tried to drag her heels when I asked for he managers name and I had to put some paper in front of her.

TheCountessofFitzdotterel Mon 06-Nov-17 12:33:21

I am a bit confused by this - you stood around trying to get the manager's name in writing rather than whisking your child off to the nearest loo you COULD use? Or did you come back later?

KarmaNoMore Thu 09-Nov-17 08:01:37

Ok... you were relying in being able to borrow the staff toilets if necessary?
I think this trip to the shops needed a bit more planning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now