Tartan shop

(6 Posts)
gigi556 Sun 01-Oct-17 20:46:33

I was in York a few weeks ago and stumbled across a shop that sold mostly wool and cashmere scarves in different tartans. I think it was on Stonegate (but not 100% sure) and I think the name started with K-I-N. Kinloch, Kintaire or something like that. Anyway, it was quite nice and I have been searching online and can't find it. I want to order a few items if they sell online. It might have been a chain but I'd never heard of it. Does anyone know what store I mean?

TranquilityofSolitude Mon 02-Oct-17 09:06:33

It's Kiltane, I think. The shop used to be called Ness and I think it's the same group, even if the stuff it sells is slightly different.

TheCountessofFitzdotterel Mon 02-Oct-17 09:37:47

I know the one you mean but no idea about the new name. I liked it when it was Ness.

MirandaWest Mon 02-Oct-17 11:31:01

I was wondering if it was Ness - didn't realise it had changed its name

TranquilityofSolitude Mon 02-Oct-17 12:26:35

It looks as if Ness was in trouble and Kiltane have taken it over:

www.heraldscotland.com/business_hq/15174855.Kiltane_swoops_to_save_Ness_stores_from_administrators/

gigi556 Mon 02-Oct-17 20:23:15

That's the one! Didn't realize Ness went into administration. Sadly, Kiltane themselves don't have an online store and Ness online don't have the same stock. It's a shame as I live an hour from York and I don't know when I'll get back. Really wanted one of their stoles!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now