Overnight parking

(3 Posts)
Sallygoround Wed 24-Jun-15 07:59:25

Hi there. My ds (9) and I are going on a road trip while his older siblings are on school trips. Basically the trip meanders around North Yorkshire, Malham for a couple of nights, Leeds to visit my db and then York before stopping in Northumberland on the way back north.

My problem is this- we are ataying at the Hilton by Clifford's tower and the parking is extortionate. I had planned to leave the car at a park an ride and travel in but I have only just realised that you can't leave it overnight. The station car park looks to be an option- but does it get really busy? Don't want to get there only to find it full and not have a plan b. Any suggestions gratefully received, thank you!

Toadsrevisited Wed 24-Jun-15 08:12:19

park on the road by the mount school. or by the racecourse.

janeyjampot Tue 30-Jun-15 22:40:04

I'm not sure when your road trip is, but in case it's still useful, there are some free spaces on Hospital Fields Rd off the A19 on your way into York from the south. You can walk to Clifford's Tower from there in about 10 minutes along the river, which is a pleasant walk. Alternatively, I've recently discovered a car park on Leeman Rd by the Railway Museum which is only £2.50 for 24 hours. It's probably about 5 minutes walk from the Railway Museum and perhaps 15-20 mins from Clifford's Tower.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now