Bolton Percy - what is it like please?

(4 Posts)
EmmaCB1 Sun 03-Jun-12 20:17:38

Thanks so much for your replies, I have passed them on to my friend. I think she is struggling with the enormity of the move which is why they are going to rent first. Glad you had a positive move, Pearlgirl.

pearlgirl Sun 03-Jun-12 18:27:23

I would second what Inthepotty has said. Bolton Percy is very pretty and there is a nice tearoom but it seems quiet ( I have a couple of friends who live there). There are other villages around that area with a lot more going on for children Bishopthorpe, Copmanthorpe and Appleton Roebuck are all on that side and have village primary schools and a variety of playgroups.
We were looking for a village similar to the one just north of Cambridge that we left and settled in one of the aforementioned bigger villages and really love living here.

Inthepotty Sun 03-Jun-12 13:29:38

I'm not far from Bolton Percy, it's a nice little village but quiet, not a right lot to do! Its roughly 10 mins drive from the nearest big villages of Bishopthorpe and Copmanthorpe, which are then a short drive/bus ride from York centre. If your friend has young DCs I would reccomend one of the bigger villages, simply as there are toddler groups/big Co-ops/pubs/parks ect. It is a very pretty village though, but I'm not sure houses very often come up for sale.

HTH

EmmaCB1 Fri 01-Jun-12 08:11:04

Hi All,
I am looking for advice for a friend who is moving up to Yorkshire from Cambridge because her husband's job has moved. They are looking at renting a house first. What is Bolton Percy like as a village? Any info would be really helpful.
Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now