Breakfast recommendations York city centre

(8 Posts)
billgrangersrisotto Thu 13-Oct-11 14:27:09

Hi All,

We're visiting for a wedding this weekend and stating in the city centre overnight. Any recommendations for a nice place for breakfast on Sunday morning? Child friendly and not too expensive.

Thanks!

Northernlurker Thu 13-Oct-11 23:09:17

Bettys is child friendly but not cheap. There is a nice cafe upstairs at Browns - big clothing store right in the middle near GAP and just up from M&S, close to Laura Ashley. They do a good breakfast - I think they would be open on Sunday morning.

ASuitableGirl Thu 13-Oct-11 23:28:30

Would Browns be open for breakfast on Sunday mornings - I have the feeling the shop probably opens at 11. Am trying to think where would be open - somewhere like Cafe Rouge would I suppose although not sure how child friendly they are.

Northernlurker Fri 14-Oct-11 08:22:39

I think you might be right. This is proving a bit hard - just looked at Cafe Concerto and they don't open till 12!
Bettys do open at 9 though and the breakfast Rosti is yummy!

pearlgirl Fri 14-Oct-11 19:02:51

I was going to suggest The Spurriergate centre but they also open at 11.

ASuitableGirl Fri 14-Oct-11 20:30:05

There's rather a gap in the market isn't there? I'm sure there must be quite a few people wanting a nice breakfast in York on Sundays.

pearlgirl Sat 15-Oct-11 09:19:00

On any other day they could go to the Pig and Pastry and have a lovely breakfast.

mungojerrie Sun 16-Oct-11 19:44:09

Cafe No 8 on Gillygate - the breakfast is fantastic. They open at 10 I think?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now