Baby friendly places to stay in York?

(4 Posts)
littleronnied Thu 07-Jul-11 09:39:01

Hi there.
My friend from France is coming over to visit her sister in York next week. I live in London but the only way to see my old penpal is to come up to York - too far for a day trip so I need to stay over, and will be bringing my 9 month old, but no adult back-up, with me - can anyone suggest a b&b or hotel that might supply a cot, have a highchair for breakfast, have a lift to get buggy to room or a hallway where I can leave buggy without annoying other guests... that kinda thing? My friend will be staying in the Holgate area - I don't know York at all so not sure how easy it is to get from city centre to there, or whether I should try to stay near Holgate.
Any suggestions/advice v welcome. Realise if you live in a place you might not know about saying there as guest, but giving it a try anyway.
Thanks...

QuincyMincemeat Thu 07-Jul-11 09:49:33

don't know about the b&b's on Holgate and whether they are baby friendly. But there is a Premier Inn on Blossom St which is 10 min walk from Holgate and on the main route into town.
here

pearlgirl Thu 07-Jul-11 18:51:50

was going to say about the Premier Inn as well. When we moved up we spent a night in the Queen's Hotel with a 2 year old and a 10 week old baby and it was fine.

QuincyMincemeat Fri 08-Jul-11 17:13:22

<waves> @ pearlgirl.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now