York meet-up

(378 Posts)
MummyBerryJuice Mon 30-Aug-10 22:14:20

So there seems to be some interest on Twitter for a meet-up in York/surrounds. Who's would like to join in? It seems logical that we wait for schools to start again and a morning in the week would suit me best.

Sar88 Mon 11-Jun-12 09:32:47

how about a meet at museum gardens in york?

pearlgirl Wed 23-May-12 19:41:35

I'd be up for that.

Sar88 Wed 23-May-12 09:22:25

anybody want to come to a meet up in near future, we could arrange one for a get together?

pearlgirl Mon 08-Aug-11 19:52:55

We are.

TheFrozenMBJ Mon 08-Aug-11 15:44:27

Is anyone interested in a summer holiday meet-up?

deadley Fri 22-Jul-11 21:15:32

It was lovely to see some of you last week. We would definitely be up for a meet up over summer. We have been to the Pizza Farm. The pizza was very tasty!!

TheRealMBJ Fri 15-Jul-11 22:23:02

Sounds like it was a lovely, cathartic, ceremony smile

TBH I didn't realise he was the Archbishop until I was walking to my car, I passed them a few times in the aisles and he look so familiar, but I couldn't place him. It was only when I was unloading the trolley and he was taking his stuff to the car that it clicked blush

QuincyMincemeat Fri 15-Jul-11 21:52:41

got most things done. memorial was wonderful/heartbreaking. Lots of tears, kids reading out poems about head teach, reception kids singing Happy Sun High, dressed as flowers; choir sang 'Your Song' we lost it a bit there. sad.

pearlgirl Fri 15-Jul-11 19:29:52

Sorry to miss today - spent the morning haring around after students and trying to finish reports.
Nice to see you briefly REALMBJ. I didn't spot the Archbish til later. Had a nice cup of coffee and a sit down before shopping.
WWould be up for something in the holidays but may have 3 bigger ones in tow as well.

TheRealMBJ Fri 15-Jul-11 18:20:24

Hope you got all your jobs done and that the memorial went well.

Hope to see you soon.

QuincyMincemeat Fri 15-Jul-11 18:11:39

oh I missed you guys sad but glad you had a nice timesmile x

TheRealMBJ Fri 15-Jul-11 17:02:30

The pizza farm is a play-farm with a pizza oven grin. I've never been but it looks ace.

He must be hosting a BBQ or something as he was buying large amounts of chicken pieces and salad ingredients grin. He had a shop assistant helping him, and it looked like he had never done something like this before. Perhaps his wife is away?

SybilBeddows Fri 15-Jul-11 14:16:15

what was the Archbishop buying?

SybilBeddows Fri 15-Jul-11 14:15:35

the pizza farm?! do they grow on trees?

we're away a lot over the summer hols, I'm likely to not make the next one either sad

TheRealMBJ Fri 15-Jul-11 14:10:18

Ouch sad Wr missed you and Lawrie. It wad lovely meeting yank and .skunk* and seeing deadley again.

I bumped into pearlgirl afterwards (while watching the Archbishop do a grocery shop)grin

Let's definitely arrange something for the summer. Perhaps a day-out? Like a trip to the pizza farm? Or even something in your direction Sybil

SybilBeddows Fri 15-Jul-11 13:04:04

hello, I'm so sorry I missed it, I have had to stay to supervise the builders. (There are 3 of them now! And they still haven't finished! And because this was an emergency call-out rather than a normal 'getting quotes' situation we have no idea what it's going to cost. Yikes.)

FunkySkunk Fri 15-Jul-11 10:45:46

I am here, under a tree for any that are already here, am surrounded by running, squealing girls

LawrieMarlow Fri 15-Jul-11 09:33:32

I have no children by the way. Well I do but they are safely at school smile

LawrieMarlow Fri 15-Jul-11 09:33:00

I might get some biscuits on the way <useless emoticon>

FunkySkunk Fri 15-Jul-11 09:29:38

I haven't made any food, as was in blue-arsed fly mode yesterday. But we will bring happy smiley faces and joy etc with us grin. We need to be off for 11.30ish as we have great-nana to visit too today. See you all in an hour

TheRealMBJ Fri 15-Jul-11 08:32:26

Weather looks fab. So no need to worry about indoors. See you all at the picnic.

TheRealMBJ Fri 15-Jul-11 06:00:25

I'll (obviously) have DS with me. And a picnic. Haven't managed to bake anything though.

yankeedoodledo Thu 14-Jul-11 23:04:10

Sounds good. I'll have two dd's with me and some picnicky things. If we end up in the library, we can eat by the cafe.
I regret we have to leave shortly after 12 but I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

TheRealMBJ Thu 14-Jul-11 22:40:29

Library it is then! It is closer to my parking spot.

So, if it rains (fingers crossed it doesn't) we'll meet in the library cafe.

Ok?

TheRealMBJ Thu 14-Jul-11 22:23:15

Library is good, although we've never been to the Railway museum.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now