Moving to Worcester - primary schools! HELP!

(18 Posts)
frazzledmama Fri 19-May-17 11:34:39

Hi all,

I'm moving to the Barbourne area of Worcester and looking for a primary school for DD1 (currently Y3) and DD2 (Y1)
I've looked at the website for St George's C of E school - it looks quite nice, does anyone have any experience of it, or of other nearby primary schools.
Thank you!
x

NorksAreMessy Fri 19-May-17 22:20:30

Hellooooo.
I can recommend Cherry Orchard purely on the basis that they have a rather lovely visiting artist blush

NannyPlumForPM Sat 20-May-17 11:08:35

I can recommend cherry orchard due to their amazing pta wink

NannyPlumForPM Sat 20-May-17 11:09:39

I don't know anything about the Barbourne area really though- sorry!

NorksAreMessy Sat 20-May-17 11:21:36

smile

NorksAreMessy Sat 20-May-17 11:22:26

What year are your DC in Nanny?
I am coming in to work with reception on Tuesday and Year Four on Thursday (totally outs self!)

Zara79 Sat 20-May-17 14:16:24

When we looked at St George's CofE we didn't like it very much as it was very very dark inside the school and no proper outdoor space. We liked the Catholic school and even though we had reservations about Northwick Manor due to its size once we went to see it we loved it. Unfortunately after we got a space at NM we lost it due to not being able to move in time. My year 1 DD got a space at Perdiswell which we loved to start with and hated as our DD was badly bullied but the school made no effort to help. For a year my very sociable DD became withdrawn. The rental house we had was very short term whilst we were trying to find our feet and that sold within 5 months of moving in.
We then moved to the Battenhall area and commuted to Perdiswell school for 6 months whilst waiting on a waiting list for Red Hill or Cherry Orchard. She got in eventually and we knew from the first day we collected her that she would be fine. Almost 3 years later with DD2 also at Red Hill we can't complain. They have made the most amazing friends.
Obviously this is all my opinion. I'm not saying Perdiswell is bad but her teacher & head (who has both left since) plus head of KS1 all failed my DD. Good luck in whatever you decided as I think they are all good schools in Barbourne. Just depends on what you are after.

NannyPlumForPM Sat 20-May-17 18:03:54

In year 1 (outs self too) but I know lots of people with children in both years, and they are very excited grin

NannyPlumForPM Thu 25-May-17 22:46:57

Reception loved this week grin they had a great time mrs roundkickything

NorksAreMessy Fri 26-May-17 18:48:07

Awww, thank you nanny. (And you could have been MUCH ruder with my name there)
I had SUCH a blast in reception, and in year four yesterday....but oooooo it was so hot!
Also Mrs C has booked me to do a Jewellery making party at her house (not as weird as it sounds, that is also part of my job) so all in all a pretty good week

The best bit was when I learned that the children had been told that 'an artist' was coming in to work with them, and they were expecting Henri Matisse grin

NannyPlumForPM Fri 26-May-17 22:23:48

grin Mrs C is very lovely (if it's the one I'm thinking of - slim, long dark hair, v. pretty?)
I am very disappointed I didn't get to come and visit when you were jewellery making in Worcester! The kids would have loved it.
Glad you had a nice time though

NannyPlumForPM Fri 26-May-17 22:24:47

I love that they were expecting Matisse- hope they weren't too disappointed! (Or rude 😉)

NorksAreMessy Fri 26-May-17 22:50:58

I am Jewellery making at Churchfields next Tuesday and Wednesday, and at Orchard Cafe on Thursday and Friday.
Tell me You are a Mumsnetter and you can have a free go!

NannyPlumForPM Fri 26-May-17 23:31:56

I'll make a plan... the only orchard cafe I know is at the countryside centre!?

NorksAreMessy Sat 27-May-17 07:46:57

That's the place. See you there smile
I am a bit excited

worccyclist Sat 27-May-17 21:03:39

How exciting norks . We are regulars at the Orchard cafe but away this week.

(OP - Red Hill is also good but not Barborne, I have friends whose kids are happy at Northwick and St. George's Catholic).

NorksAreMessy Sat 27-May-17 22:32:27

Never mind worcs
I am there again in the summer

Mummyof2andababy Wed 19-Jul-17 17:42:49

I personally can not rate Perdiswell any higher in my opinion. All of the staff are tremendous and I have nothing but positive things to say. My two children are at the school and love it and personally I don't think you can beat a child's recommendation. Please don't be put off by one negative comment. Go and visit the school that will make your mind up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now