swimming pools in Kiddy area?

(3 Posts)
lulocket Fri 24-Apr-15 18:48:36

Hi everyone,
I'm new to mumsnet so you may have to bare with me. Bit of background info about me first. Im almost 21 weeks pregnant and found out monday that we are having a little girl :-)
I'm a postlady in kidderminster and usually pretty active as you can imagine. Since I found out I was pregnant on new years day my job became tougher and tougher until they had to take me off delivery and find me work to do in the depot instead.
Only thing is, i would like to try and keep up some of my exercise to avoid getting too much out of shape etc during my pregnancy.
My midwife suggested swimming classes which I thought was a great idea as i used to do loads of swimming when i was younger. Only thing is, this being my first child, im not really aware of any baby/pregnancy related clasess/pools in my local kiddy area.
TBH, i really dont want to go to the Glades as it is always nasty in there, but any other local ones that anyone knows of would be really appreciated at this time.

Thanks for reading my waffling, and thanks in advance for any help anyone might have.

Cheers,
Lucy
Kiddy postie
Little miss bumpy due September 2015

LEWorcs Thu 25-Jun-15 22:03:10

Hi sorry no-one has got back to you before now. I have just taken over the running of this site so hoping to improve communication between everyone!

One of the best places I can personally recommend is a place called Chessgrove Swim:
www.chessgroveswim.co.uk/
A lovely pool where you can have sessions whilst pregnant and also lovely baby sessions too.

Good Luck and let us know how you get on if you try them.
:-)
Fran x

Mrscog Tue 07-Jul-15 21:06:19

A bit of a trek but the Abbey Stadium in Redditch is still very new and nice (good pool for little ones too).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now