New dad in Fernhill Heath

(5 Posts)
paxli Fri 28-Nov-14 22:06:20

Hi,

Primary carer for my (almost) 3 y/o ds and moving to Fernhill Heath in NY from Brum. Got a million questions, hoping anyone can answer...

- What's a good GPs?
- Are there any groups that dad's would actually be welcomed at, rather than tolerated (bad experiences...)
- What's fun and available for a 3y/o?
- I might need occasional day and eve babysitting. Is there a safe and not too expensive way to find someone for occasional work?
- Good parks? Good cycling (with a toddler strapped to my bike)?

Thanks and don't hate the Y chromosome using mn - it's where I get most of my reliable info from.

LEWorcestershire Thu 11-Dec-14 07:36:21

Hi Paxli, Welcome to Worcestershire.

I'm not in Fernhill Heath so I can't answer all your questions. I think you'll find any groups run at the Hive in the centre of Worcester inclusive, and they're also often very busy so possibly easier to go along to feeling less awkward (not that you should feel awkward at all).

Ghulevet Park in north Worcester (prob 2 miles from Fernhill Heath) is lovely, really good for children and has the splash pad in the summer, so you're in luck there.

Let me see if I can get you any more advice from people nearer smile

Sparklingbrook Thu 11-Dec-14 07:42:55

Hi. I am near to Fernhill Heath but way out of date as I have teens. Back in the day Droitwich had quite a few groups and Dads were indeed welcomed. Pop into Droitwich library and see if there's any details?

paxli Sun 14-Dec-14 20:22:22

That's great - hadn't thought of Droitwich - thx!

Sparklingbrook Wed 17-Dec-14 15:19:48

Good luck with the move paxli.

Droitwich has Vines Park (opposite Waitrose) and the Lido Park. Both have playgrounds with equipment suitable for a 3 year old. Also Worcester Woods country park isn't too far away, lovely in the summer. www.worcestershire.gov.uk/directory_record/10/worcester_woods_country_park

Blooms Garden centre (towards Worcester in Perdiswell) has a small soft play and a nice cafe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now