Half Term - what will you be up to?

(18 Posts)
LEWorcestershire Wed 12-Feb-14 16:36:57

Hi everyone, it's half term next week (yes already!). What will everyone be up to? The weather forecast is looking not that promising, so how is everyone going to get through it? smile

Georgeandhisdinosaur Wed 12-Feb-14 18:02:46

My first post on Local smile I've been lurking but I'm going to jump in. I suspect we'll be spending a lot of time at home this HT to be honest, but probably 1-2 trips to the Hive, and also hopefully a visit to Worcester Woods mainly so I can eat cake in the Orchard Cafe. Has anyone been affected by the floods? Hope everyone is ok - it's awful out there.

MaeBea Wed 12-Feb-14 21:26:16

Play rangers is on at various locations all half term. Free for 2 - 18 yr olds. They are at countryside centre 11.30 - 1.00 Tuesday and Thursday and lots of other community and children's centres. Plus Pitmaston and Cripplegate on Friday. Details on city council site.

Also Croome have winter welly walks but was pretty flooded last Friday so expect worse now!

Zara79 Wed 12-Feb-14 23:55:26

We are near Gheluvelt Park which is completely flooded today but luckily our road is all okay but not Waterworks around the corner.

For half term we are supposed to go to Cambridge on Monday/Tuesday and hopefully spend the days at the Hive or friends. Hopefully the rain will ease up.

SparePants Thu 13-Feb-14 00:01:31

We are in St John's so will more than likely be canoeing, snorkelling, or watching Keith the Seal play water polo on the King's rugby fields. If the river goes down we plan to go to the drama sessions at The Hive.

mrsbucketxox Thu 13-Feb-14 11:29:32

Ill be fitting my shop out and working as much as I can.

Want to go on some days out too, thinking lego land but not sure how much it is.

LEWorcestershire Thu 13-Feb-14 11:29:56

Hadn't heard of Play Rangers Maebea will be checking that out! Hope everyone stays safe/dry etc - we're getting a day off the rain today I think! Whoo!

Sparklingbrook Thu 13-Feb-14 11:33:48

No idea yet, my two are 14 and 12 so their plans possibly don't involve me anyway. sad Except for taxi service obviously.
Plus they sleep til Midday given half a chance.

I miss the days when we went to Worcester Woods in our wellies. I might drag them here for breakfast though. grin

Sparklingbrook Thu 13-Feb-14 11:35:05

Hanyone seen the front page of the Worcester News today? That poor lady being hoiked out of her flooded home in a most undignified way. sad

mrsbucketxox Thu 13-Feb-14 11:36:30

Their menu looks amazing sparkling hhhhmmm. I might steal your idea.

Sparklingbrook Thu 13-Feb-14 11:39:42

We went in the summer holidays mrsb, it's a nice place. bit muddy for the walks this time of year but you can pick up a map/route and follow it. Wildlife to look at and an open space for play.

Cafe was very nice-and I think the boys will get up for a full english. grin

Sparklingbrook Thu 13-Feb-14 11:45:59

My Mum and Dad often go here for a cuppa, and say it is popular with families with young children but haven't been myself. They say the sandwiches are very nice! grin

LEWorcestershire Thu 13-Feb-14 12:26:25

That looks nice Sparkling, I know it's one of the haunts of Kidderminster NCT, so maybe that's who your parents have seen smile

DS has a tummy bug this week and keeps asking for cake, I've promised him cake at the weekend if he's better, so maybe I could test it out smile

Sparklingbrook Thu 13-Feb-14 18:03:30

Sounds good to me LEW, I imagine my Mum and Dad have tested the cake too. grin
They love to go to Witley Court too-but the tea rooms shut in the winter I think.

CaptainAhgua Thu 13-Feb-14 18:09:17

We went to the Cob House in December, and it was good for littlies to run round.

My fave breakfast is at Charlies in Sidbury (opposite the Kings St car park) - they do an excellent brekkie with gluten free, veggie and vegan options.

CaptainAhgua Thu 13-Feb-14 18:12:57

Oh, and what I'll be doing is working sad and ds will be at holiday club

LEWorcestershire Sat 15-Feb-14 08:14:58

Oooh never heard of Charlies CaptainAhgua but sounds good. Tomorrow it's going to be SUNNY! Everywhere outdoor is going to be rammed isn't it?!

Sparklingbrook Sat 15-Feb-14 08:51:29

Sunny tomorrow? shock Really?

I am off down to Banbury in a bit. The joys of M5/M42/M40. What fun. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now