Worcester meet up - all welcome

(97 Posts)
Mrscog Wed 19-Sep-12 12:07:32

Following on from the Midlands thread, there were quite a few Worcs people interested in meeting up. I think we're set on the Hive, and 25th/26th Sept are out. So how about 27th/28th/29th Sept?

Spolognese Fri 30-Nov-12 17:28:17

Hi all
Very very late to this thread but would love to join you for your next meet up. I'm in Worcester and have two DC, aged 5 and 3. I need to extend my social boundaries beyond the school gate!

Jojo916 Sun 16-Dec-12 09:35:03

Hi all, I'm new to the board but would be interested in a meet-up. I'm expecting my first baby at end of Feb but working ft until end of Jan so if anyone fancies a meet-up around that time I'd be up for it smile

Mrscogg Mon 17-Dec-12 17:18:16

Hi both, we've been a bit slack and not had another meet up - I did email MNHQ and volunteer to be a meet up coordinator but I forgot to email back. jojo916 I'm on M/L until March so would happily meet with you early Feb - whereabouts in the county are you?

Mrscogg Mon 17-Dec-12 17:19:50

WorcsCountryMouse I'm not near Abberley at the moment but was from about 4 miles from there originally so I'm v interested as to where you are smile

MrsHarvington Thu 03-Jan-13 13:34:24

Hello! Have just seen this, are there plans for a new year meet up? I'm towards Evesham way but Worcester isn't too far away.
Happy New Year all!

BringOnTheScarecrows Sun 06-Jan-13 22:14:28

Hello, just testing my sparkly new Local name.
Mrscog - you know me wink

So when are we meeting up again lovely mumsnetters?

WorcsCountryMouse Tue 22-Jan-13 07:33:36

Oops - sorry - mislaid the thread. MrsBucket if you care to link to houses I would be happy to express opinions (I love vicarious house hunting) - my parents live in Abberley, we are 3.5 miles down the Bromyard road (I do like the anonymity of a special name for local boards!)

WorcsCountryMouse Tue 22-Jan-13 07:34:52

Gah. Wrote post and lost it.

MrsC - 3.5 miles down the Bromyard road from the hundred house.

WorcsCountryMouse Tue 22-Jan-13 08:38:01

Actually MrsC I think we may have had this conversation (I came to library meet up) - you come from village with the school (and the trucks), don't you?

Mrscogg Wed 23-Jan-13 23:01:29

Yes of course!!!! I was thrown by the fact we've all got new local names. Sorry - I really should have known better!

WorcsCountryMouse Wed 23-Jan-13 23:05:57

Entirely understandable grin

droitwichmummy Thu 24-Jan-13 17:48:41

Hello! Not ventured onto the New local board before (couldn't be doing with having a separate nn). Could be up for a meet if you can do a weekend or evening?

Mrscogg Thu 24-Jan-13 18:00:30

Hello Droitwich smile I think an evening meet up would be a good idea so that as many people as possible can make it.

Sparklingbrook Thu 24-Jan-13 18:05:49

Hello all. Big hi to all Worcestershire people. Not brave enough for a meet up. smile

WorcsCountryMouse Thu 24-Jan-13 18:33:45

Not brave enough for a weekend/evening meetup and all the DH/DC negotiation it would involve, but I know it would be easier for lots of people, so it's probably the way to go.

Jojo916 Mon 28-Jan-13 21:12:13

Oops I totally forgot to check back on this board!

MrsCogg - I'm in Worcester itself. How about u?

Mrscogg Wed 30-Jan-13 14:44:28

jojo I'm in N Worcs between Bromsgrove and Kidderminster but I am Worcs born and bred with relations all over the county. I'd be happy to meet up with you in Worcester once you're on M/l if you like - pm me to arrange a date smile

Busybeeupinatree Sun 03-Feb-13 22:43:46

Hi ladies! i have only just found this page, but I would like to come to a mn meet up if there is one? I am evesham way but I can travel smile

MrsHarvington Tue 05-Mar-13 14:56:47

Busybee whereabouts are you? I'm near Evesham too but also happy to travel. There doesnt seem to be much on around Evesham way

Busybeeupinatree Tue 12-Mar-13 14:33:43

I live in evesham itself. There seem to be a few local mn'ers on the thread about blinds smile

SomewhereHilly Tue 19-Mar-13 11:16:41

Hi all, i'm in Worcester too. Would like to come to a mn meet up too if there's anything in the offing? Also would be happy to organise/ or help organise a meet up if there is enough interest. Perhaps Boston Tea Party for a Saturday morning coffee? Or Pizza Express one evening after work?

Mrscogg Sun 21-Apr-13 07:06:21

Hi SomewhereHilly all volunteers are welcome! I started a new thread for meet ups too. I like the idea of trying to organise something on a Sat morning this time (as we met on a weekday last time), to start off with we could alternate so that people get a chance to make something and then if they're successful we could organise something on a more regular basis. Boston Tea Party could be good, although on busy days slightly lacking on space. What do you think of The Orchard Café at Worcester Woods? What's nice about that is that if the weather is nice we could sit outside/older DC's could play on the equipment etc. I'll put the suggestion on the new thread as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now