Moving to Chippenham

(6 Posts)
DenilioM Mon 29-Jun-15 19:56:13

Hi, I'm new to the site! My husband and I are relocating to Chippenham in July with our 11 month old son and I would like to know where the best indoor and outdoor places are to go with my son? I would also like to meet up with other mums as I don't know the area at all!! Any advice would be great,
Many thanks.

ChalkyWhiteHorsey Sat 11-Jul-15 15:53:17

Hi DenilioM

Hope you are well.

I moved to Chippenham a few years ago, with my DC (quite a bit older than yours now!)

We have 2 really good parks: Monkton Park which is located behind the shopping centre. The playground is aimed at pre-schoolers and there is a big field for running around on.

There is also a golf course and crazy golf plus tea room (pretty good coffee)

The other park is John Coles which has a new Splash pool which I'm sure your DC will love! Fab playground and kiosk for ice creams and coffee (notice a theme!)

Indoor, I would go to The Olympiad (at the top of the hill near Monkton Park playground) They have a pool and run various preschool activities.

I know some great places for pond dipping etc

There are numerous pre school classes around Chippenham and if you are interested in a nursery I can recommend one which is quite centrally located.

HTH and if you have any questions - I'll do my best to answer them!

Good Luck smile

ChalkyWhiteHorsey Sat 11-Jul-15 16:05:48

And I forgot - the library (at the top of the town centre) has a fantastic childrens' section and they run activities for DC. It is really child friendly and a great place to spend an hour.

cowbiscuits74 Mon 13-Jul-15 13:58:47

I just popped into the museum in the town centre to pick up some brochures and saw they have Messy Mondays and Noisy Fridays both starting at 10:30 which might be suitable for your little one

DenilioM Mon 13-Jul-15 19:06:36

Thanks for all the info! Will definitely give all of those places a try!! It's a bit overwhelming moving to a new place, so far I have wondered around Chippenham town and really like it there, but want to do some baby friendly stuff and meet other mums too so the advice you have given me is very useful!! Has anyone used the Surestart centres nearby at all?

LetThereBeCupcakes Mon 27-Jul-15 11:41:52

Hi - I live in Corsham which is about 5 miles out of Chippenham. Our Sure Start Centre is brilliant, there's a sensory room, play room and garden. Never been over the the chippenham one though.

There are lots of organised activities - we swim with Turtle Tots and also go to Tumble Tots. I belive the Olympiad run baby gym sessions on a Friday morning. The libraries have rhyme times which will be good for meeting people.

Bradford On Avon pool is the nicest for swimming with LOs, I think. There's a seperate children's pool.

My DS is a little older than yours (2.6) and I work so not much free time, but happy to chat or try and get together at some point - PM me if you like.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now