New Local Editor for Swindon

(5 Posts)
LocalEditorSwindon Wed 12-Feb-14 10:16:30

Hellloooooo!!!!

I've just taken on Swindon as Local Editor and my job is to help turn the Swindon Local Board into something you find useful.

I joined Mumsnet a couple of years ago wanting to meet up with local mums but found the board quite quiet. With senior school aged children I found it difficult to meet people although this is about to change as I'm due with my fourth child at the end of April. When MumsnetHQ said that they wanted to get things going on local sites I thought I'd volunteer. Any help in this task would be greatly appreciated.

If you are interested in acting as a Local Ambassador and arrange meet ups in your local area that would be fantastic - let me know. I'll set one up if there is any interest as a kick off. If you know of a local activity or business that needs some exposure, take a minute to put a notice or a listing on the site about it - it is easy to do and others would love to know about it. The busier the site is the more we will all get out of it.

Clare

turkeyboots Wed 12-Feb-14 16:50:49

Helloooo back! Thanks for the PM, hope you can spark some life into the Swindon site.

Im happy to arrange a meet up in the center of town or north Swindon area. And very happy to go to one too.

LocalEditorSwindon Wed 12-Feb-14 17:11:35

Brilliant ! Let's see if a few more might be interested and then set something up. Would be great to meet se local Mumsnetters.

corkythecat Wed 12-Feb-14 20:18:19

Hello, well done for taking it on. I'm more of a lurker on mn but will try and be a bit more active here grin

LocalEditorSwindon Wed 12-Feb-14 22:58:02

Waves!

I was mostly a lurker too but hope we can get things going here. Seeing other local boards I think it's worth trying.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now